COVID-19 Check In

No idea of quality, or if it’s tall/high enough to do weighted dips with using a belt and plates/DBS (although chains/vest/et.) would work for sure, but Walmart says its in stock, on clearance, has a 500lb capacity, and gets solid reviews:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Best-Choice-Products-Freestanding-Dip-Station-Stand-for-Home-Gym-Workouts-Exercise-w-500lb-Weight-Capacity/49949117

I live in an apartment and my washer and dryer face across from each other. I usually just pull the washer out closer to the dryer and do dips on those. I guess if they are side by side and if you have room you could spread them apart to make room in between them.

5 Likes

This is what will be the cooleat thing after all this. The sheer creativity and idea sharing everyone has to get a workout in. Love it. Thanks

1 Like

Confirmed case at my workplace. Whole place is closing down for a week or so to give time to figure out if it spread.

3 Likes

Only a week? Wow. We are basically on indefinite shelter in place, here in DFW.

Yeah Westmoreland county in PA is now stay at home until at least 4/6. Good thing my deload starts today

1 Like

My deload started 2 weeks ago.

It was not scheduled by choice. Haha.

My equipment the last 2 weeks…

image image

3 Likes

Welp, I was gonna let all my fur grow out during the quarantine, but then I saw my hairy calves this morning and said “nope”.

I’m a medical professional, we’re open during shelter in place.

In seeing a LOT of municipalities calling their orders “shelter in place,” when they’re not actually “shelter in place” so much as “stay home, stay safe” orders, as they make exceptions for essential services/businesses, both for workers going to these businesses as well as people going to them (such as buying groceries). Shelter in place is for an acute emergency (like an active shooter), where no one is to go out at all IIRC, and is lifted once the threat is gone.

1 Like

I see. They designated lawyers as essentials, so likewise, my life is just work and home. :confused:

Do you have a specialty?

1 Like

Yeah our state issued a “stay in place” (not “shelter in place”) with so many exceptions that it’s ultimately meaningless.

1 Like

You bet. Have an issue?

No but in the event I might need to pick a qualified brain. I mentioned before that my mom lives in Texas now … So state laws, tax law, real estate, executing will and testament , capital gains and things like that may become a concern later on. I live in Southern California.

1 Like

I know what you mean. My dad’s a retired firefighter, and when he heard “shelter in place,” which several local municipalities incorrectly called it, he said there’s no way it was actually that, and it wasn’t. Exceptions to work and/or go to essential businesses, to go to deliver food to family members, and to exercise outdoors with proper social distancing. His concern was that if they keep abusing the definition of “shelter in place,” if they ever have to issue an actual shelter in place order, no one will really know what it means, or won’t take it seriously, when a real SIP is quite dire and urgent. Not that this isn’t, but that’s for things like an active shooter or a bomb threat. No one goes out at all for anything during a real SIP.

Estate planning, family, and bankruptcy are my specialities, so hopefully she only need estate planning aid. Hah.

2 Likes

Went to my parents house the other day and found out something interesting. They were both in Italy in January. When they got back they got really sick and eventually got better. They actually suspect they may have had corona thinking about it. Dad is in his 70s so if he did have it I’d consider him very lucky. Not 100% certain he had it, but it’s a possibility

3 Likes

Speaking of Italy

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

good to hear they are both better.

1 Like