Stack thread

Updated daily stack :grin:. I decided to catalog all the supps I’m currently taking for my doctor. Pretty major update since last time. This time I included all my daily vitamins and “superfoods” on the list…

Current daily stack

Supp Reason Total Daily Dosage Morning Afternoon Evening
Creatine Monohydrate Athletics 5 g x x
Beta Alanine Athletics 1.6 g x x
Betaine Anhydrous Athletics / Liver 2.5 g x x
HMB (beta-Hydroxy beta-methylbutyric acid) Athletics 3 g x x
Nutritional Yeast B vitamins 6 g x x
Wheat Grass Extract “superfood” 6 g x x
Vitamin K-2 (MK-4) Blood Pressure 200 mcg x x
Fish Oil Various reasons 2 g x x
Krill Oil Various reasons 1 g x x
Multi multi x x
Potassium Citrate electrolyte ~6 g, throughout day
Magnesium Glycinate electrolyte 225 mg x x
Milk Thistle (80% flavonoids) liver 300 mg x x
Calcium Citrate heart 630 mg x x
Kelp iodine 600 mg x
Vitamin D3 Blood Pressure / misc benefits 10000 IU (250 mcg) x x
Kale cruciferous / phytonutrients / “superfood” 100 g (~3 cups) x
Mixed Berries antioxidants / carbs for workout 126 g (~1 cup) x

Trying out…

Olive Leaf Extract (standardized 150 mg Oleuropein) Blood Pressure 1.5g (300 mg Oleuropein) x x

Off Cycle…

Choline Bitartrate Liver. 3 month cycle 4 g x x
1 Like

Hot damn that is quite the stack! What exactly is the difference between fish & krill oil?

1 Like

Fish oil generally comes from deep sea fatty fish, like cod and herring. Krill comes from…krill :laughing:

Both contain DHA and EPA, but krill oil also has phosphatidylcholine (a phospholipid) and astaxanthin (a powerful antioxidant). “Why not just take kill oil then?”… because it’s f*cking expensive compared to fish oil.

But wait, it gets worse! The quality of the fish/krill oil is extremely important. If it is oxidized, it won’t have all the health benefits, and could even be detrimental (just like olive oil)…at least according to Dr. James DiNicolantonio in a recent Podcast I listened to.

For fish oil, I just throw my trust in to Now Foods, and assume/hope that they are using a good quality fish oil. Their Ultra Omega has the highest amount of DHA/EPA per dose, is enteric coated, and a pretty good bang for your buck…available on Amazon (like everything else :laughing:)

For krill, you should seek out arctic krill, aka Neptune Krill Oil (NKO). I forgot why (the podcast above discusses it). But it’s too damn expensive for me; so I just buy the cheap shit from BulkSupplements (300 qty size, sometimes available on Amazon). Their’s is so cheap compared to the nearest competitor, that it can’t be good, lol.

Oh, and the amount that you need to take of these (according to studies referenced in that podcast) is insane…for example he says you need 3-4 g of DHA per day. If 1 g of fish oil has 500 mg DHA, then you have to take !!8!! per day. That’s just insane. I figured that 2 g fish oil and 1 g krill is better than nothing.

2 Likes

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

My Thanksgiving Day stack :laughing:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 Like