Spartan Whey “Cookies & Cream” Review:
Let me preface by stating I made a video for this – but I am unable to upload it (if anyone has support for this – let me know. Maybe I am just limited to image files…).
@Anthony wrote up a review the other day which was great. I wanted to share some of my thoughts. For anyone who wants to try Spartan Whey, you will want to read this review.
I ordered this from Amazon at 10:00am yesterday and the package arrived on my porch at 4:00pm the same day. Premium Wholesale is the only seller on Amazon selling Spartan Whey and Amazon Prime members do not pay shipping - so buying via Amazon ended up saving me money and I received the delivery within 6 hours of ordering.
The hype has been high for this product. The bar was ridiculous concerning the rumblings for its taste, label transparency and quality.
I’ll start with the label:
- The Nutrition Content is pretty standard for a blended protein. 132 calories / 2g carbs / 25.5g protein / 2g of fat. Equally exciting, is there is only 1g of sugar. Considering the taste, that 1g of sugar is very impressive.
- The Protein Blend is what got me excited: Whey Protein Isolate (WPI 90) = 12.2g / Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC 80) = 13.1g / Micellar Casein = 6.0g. The ratio for the blend is great to supply a steady stream of amino acids at a fast and medium level for digestion
- The Amino Acid Profile per Serving is listed on the label. This is one of the most important factors to me when I buy protein. Nobody wants to be a victim of amino spiking and Sparta listed out the profile which shows the integrity of the product and the company. The BCAAs are spot on with 2:1 ratio and the entire profile is very competitive. Sparta, thank you for this.
This is where it gets fun. The smell hit me once I opened the tub. It was crumbled chocolate cookie goodness mixed with a creme sweetness. I swear, it smelled like someone crumbled a handful of Oreos with a Starbucks Vanilla Latte.
Then…it got better. Those chunks in the picture below are cookie crumbles in the scoop of protein. They are loaded throughout the entire tub!
To test out the protein, I mixed 1 scoop in a shaker with the recommended 6-8oz of water. I made another where I blended 6oz of Cashew Milk with a few ice cubes and 1 scoop of Spartan Whey to make a milkshake. I go big and enjoy my protein shakes in style…
The glass on the left is Spartan Whey blended with cashew milk and ice.
The glass on the right is mixed with water.
The smell was even better after shaking and blending. I tried both and much to my own disbelief, Spartan Whey CnC beat MTS CnC.
I tried it multiple times to make sure. I am a Texas guy. Bluebell Ice Cream is pretty popular here and this protein tastes EXACTLY like Bluebell Cookies and Cream Ice Cream! There is a rich aroma of vanilla ice cream and the taste is equally magnificent. After a second, the chocolate cookie bits become noticeable and you feel like you just took a bite of vanilla ice cream with crumbled Oreos on top!
The consistency is the perfect combination of smoothness and creaminess. Blended with cashew milk, it reminded me of a Chickfila cookies and cream milkshake.
My expectations were very high and Spartan Whey delivered. This is the #1 CnC protein I have ever had (MTS, Cellucor, PES, Iso-100, BSN, Quest, MP, EVL, and others).
- As a consumer, the most important quality I look for in a protein powder is label transparency. The second most important quality I look for is a reasonable calorie/macro nutrient profile. Third is taste. This Protein Powder hit the trifecta. I made two more after my first experience to make sure I was not being too enthusiastic. Spartan Whey is the real deal.
- The texture and consistency of this product are equally impressive. Everyone has a different preference for protein shakes, but I enjoy a medium level of creaminess. I dislike watery shakes and equally dislike super thick shakes, unless it is blended with ice and milk to make a genuine milkshake alternative.
- This goes into my Top 3 Protein Powders list on taste alone. The label transparency makes it that much sweeter.
- This protein tastes like Bluebell Cookies and Cream Ice Cream…that is arguably my single biggest takeaway. This protein is a winner.