Primeval Labs Primalog: The Go BIG or Go Home GDA

Awesome. Do you have a glucometer? I am starting to tinker with some of these and some blood work. No doubt some of these ingredients work. I am lower carb than you and need to see how far I can stretch things without going into crazy blood sugar land since I’m sensitive.

I do not have one. What kind of results/reading are you getting? I’m very interested!

1 Like

So far, a single Outbreak Nutrition ADAPT capsule drops my fasted blood sugar ~10 points in 30 minutes. Pretty cool to see. Max dose of that product is 4 caps, lots of berberine in their formula.

So now I’m more comfortable using these knowing that they’re not TANKING my blood sugar, but seem to reliably reduce it. Just getting started with this project.

1 Like

You should take your BG Multiple ways

Upon Waking (Baseline)
Prior to a meal (See what it is before meal)
— TAKE GDA ----
30/60/90 minutes after a meal —> See how fast your can baseline your BG after eating a meal

This is where its tricky because you will want to test with 25,50,75,100g of carbs and see truly how effective the GDA Is. As I have tested a lot on the market once you get to to the 50+G carb range I Saw some that did not do jack crap for my BG even with a very good formula (Slinmax for example) did next to nothing for baselining my BG. While on the other hand Slintensity (Evomose), Glycoshield (HPS), Predator (Chaos & Pain) were the top 3 to baseline my BG the fastest even with amounts that surpass 50-100g of carbs.

Make sure you keep messing around with times and carb amounts to really see how potent something is. Primalog I would put up there as a top 5 GDA behind those 3 I mentioned above

2 Likes

How do you guys feel about making your GDA by buying some of the more potent/popular ingredients on there own, and taking them in the same amounts as something like Primalog? Could it be more cost effective? Less convenient for sure, but is there something else to what the companies do that we could not?

I wouldnt like to mess around with that. Ill buy extra citrulline and take that with a stim-based pre workout such as Sidewalk Kraka. Love that combo. I add 6g+ of citrulline malate. Sick combo.

But I think the GDA’s on the market (some of them as mentioned above) are great formulas. I think it would be too much of a hassle to buy separately . Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Thats impressive. I dont have any actual readings, but I am really loving Primalog. I have never used GDA’s before, so this was quite the surprise. I think it goes well with intermittent fasting!

Slinmax looks a little underdosed. I am not surprised you didnt see results from it.

1 Like

I’m running Primalog and RPG right now. I’m trying to get the courage to do my BG testing so I can review thoroughly. I already have my baselines from my medical provider to go on… So all I need is to go straight to post meal testing.

Great post. Do you have a ‘standard’ carb you like using for these tests?

If I were a diabetic I would absolutely know which ingredients worked best for me. But right now testing products is better for the channel as opposed to all single-ingredients, and I already waste too much time mixing stuff up as it is.

Also, from what I understand, not all berberine extracts were born equal. Some are way stronger than others, apparently. Shawn Wells talks big game on the one he developed at BioTrust.

4 Likes

No standard carb
as you can see in my Glycoshield Review where i tested my BG With all the numbers above I varied my carb sources.

For everyone it will differ. for me I can’t handle potatoes well so i do a lot of rice and rice cakes
I also threw in some faster acting cereal to see how fast my BG would baseline.

1 Like

Yeah as a former fat kid who loved cereal like a mofo, I’m wondering if this is a way to re-kindle my old love, Count Chocula, with scientific purpose.

I may just do 45 / 90 mins to save on ketone strips and also because 45 is when things spike most for me personally.

3 Likes

Glad I am not the only fat kid at heart on this forum.
I grew up playing offensive line in High School

#Fatass

1 Like

Ha awesome! Center until 9th grade here. At that point I was leaning out way too much, but was still slow. Found my love in water sports at that point.

It wasn’t until playing lots of sand volleyball that I actually got quicker. Sand legs are where its at. But now I’m just trying to find footing in this crazy dad / entrepreneur life. Getting back on routine slowly but surely

3 Likes

Everyone on every Bodybuilding forum lol. But CEREALOUSLY, I need to have my chocolate lucky charms, and reese’s puffs…along with the other 12 boxes of cereal in my pantry lol. But its cool as long as I take my GDA with it.

1 Like

2 very wise choices there sir.
Nutter Butter Cereal , Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Frosted Flakes Lucky Charms should be something you may need to invest in.

2 Likes

Oh I pretty much buy every new cereal there is. Nutter butter Was a solid 7/10 for me. did not like frosted lucky charms, I felt ripped off on marshmallow ratio.

Yeah mine lacked marshmallows too… But i have a vicious sweet tooth. So you add more sugar to frosted flakes … Looks like cereal companies encourage diabetes.

1 Like

Lucky Charms…Cocoa Pebbles…Count Chocula…there’s the line-up…

Lucky Charms is my #1 at this point…

1 Like

Sadly (but probably wisely), I’ve chosen 5% Nutrition’s REAL CARBS to be my standard carb. I want it a bit more complex than sugar corn cereal.

And I don’t feel like going to the grocery store and contributing every week.

Still probably gonna have to run a Count Chocula test on this one at least once though. It is too late, the itch has been developed.

2 Likes