New supplement thread

SinFit , fit crunch , MyBar Pro , fortifx , Animal Snak hence my suggestions.

I’m with you on the sugar alcohols and fibers hence why I wrote what I did. Plenty of better options and cheaper then MRE

SinFit is perfect for a small meal. Mybar Pro was good, but I really dont think they are THAT good, but taste is subjective. I like Fit crunch quite a bit, but I have a feeling when I try the animal bars, I’ll like them more

2 Likes

Are all these bars available for individual purchase at your Vitamin Shop / GNC / whatever stores? (I haven’t step foot in one of those stores in years) I’m relatively new to nutrient bars beyond your usual Clif/Power bars. As folks are suggesting, taste is subjective, and I’d like to try a few before purchasing a whole box.

1 Like

My absolute favorite that I’ve ever tried as far as meal bars go are the Fit Crunch, especially the PB ones, available for individual purchase everywhere (even Walmart).

Gronk Bars taste like actual candy bars but are kind of more of a snack option, and are also v expensive per bar if price is a concern

3 Likes

If you like FitCrunch the same owner/co-owner has helped SinFit and FortiFX bars… which would be right up your alley.

Managed to snag 250 grams of HMB for 10$(short lived promotion I assume), which is pretty good.

I think HMB is best used in very intense exercise regiments, or as a post workout if you have allot of delayed onset muscle soreness.

To be honest I think the “mainly for use during fast workouts” idea that legion proposes is kind of stupid as I’m not convinced fasted workouts break down much muscle in the first place.

1 Like

PricePlow getting some love from Dan and Ghost today @ the 5 minute mark.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa6U9qkKJoQ

1 Like

Wait till you see what Chef Bob just sent them :slight_smile:
Cost me $45 to ship it and it weighed over 5 pounds

2 Likes

Rule 1 Mint Chocolate Chip & Espresso released:

Ghost Pump Drops today at 1 PM Eastern

I just want to give props to @TheSolution for PM’ing me with ideas and whatnot for various bars to to try. I now have a whole bunch coming my way to sample. Can’t wait! Bad news is I have to stare at them hungerly until after my competition 6/23 :laughing:

1 Like

That BK guy is ok in my book…

And I’m with you @TheChadd that I haven’t set foot in a Vitamin Shoppe or GNC in a really long time.

2 Likes

Love me some Na-R-ALA

3 Likes

The Vitamin Shoppe near me gives out tons of coupons in local papers and always price matches. Even when I find a crazy deal on PricePlow, if they’ve got it in stock, they’ll match it.

That is something that would be difficult to pass up.

berberine and other ampk activating substances do not reduce muscle gain.
leucine, whey, phosphatidic acid do not significantly change body composition.
being able to eat 5000 calories and 500g carbs while losing fat to competition level and being able to train full body every day, gaining strength every workout, does.
no protein, amino acid or such supplements used. only things activating ampk, causing glut-4 translocation, improving muscle cell insulin sensitivity.

nutrient partitioners should not contain insulin potentiating or increasing substances unless bergenin is included.
things like na-r-ala, bitter melon, cinnamon and so on without bergenin may indeed have an effect on fat cells, still ime all nutrient partitioners cause fat loss and muscle gain.
however using something like na-r-ala, agmatine, berberine, bergenin, pterostilbene, pomegranate extract, gynostemma, trans-tiliroside and if affordable cyanidin-3-glucoside (600mg actual c3g per day or it is pointless. most products have something like 250-350mg of 10-30$ extracts, providing 50mg c3g at best) will completely change how the body metabolises nutrients. imagine having 3000calories maintenance and after a few months 5000 calories still cause steady fat loss. the enormous amount of nutrients provided improve performance obviously, hence why gaining weight while losing bf and gaining strength rapidly were possible. no cardio, no high protein diet, high carb, high fat. training to cause maximum mechanical tension as often as possible, meaning using a weight above the level of conditioning (if one benches 300 pounds for just 2-3 workouts the muscle will adapt to this through a protective layer which cannot be overcome by doing any other exercise, rep range, intensity technique, unless the mechanical tension is increased. usually the most tension is produced by exercises with a lot of stretch and the eccentric causes the microtraumata. the faster it is done, almost dropped, but controlled in the end, the higher the tnesion through acceleration). i fail to understand how this is ignored in so many programs. if the load is heavy enough to cause microtraumata every rep of a set is as effective as the others. the last reps before or to failure are actually less effective due to reduced speed. one cannot cause microtraumata with 225lbs. if the muscle has been conditioned to 300lbs.
therefore if one is currently benching 225x10 it makes sense to increase that to, say, 250lbs and do 10 sets of 3 reps for example. now one can increase total reps or load. soon work capacity goes up dramatically. imagine doing 50 reps of an exercise with your 5rm. you will know what i mean the next day. and then do it again despite the doms as not going to failure allows training a muscle basically permanently and muscle growth takes place in the presence of microtraumata and nutrients, no need for recovering much. the cns needs recovery due to muscle failure.

no fixed program, simply following this has allowed results that were unimagineable as naturally my body is skinnyfat and weak.
i have done all the pre, intra and post-workout nutrition, getting 3g/kg protein per day, timing of whey isolate shakes, extra leucine, megadose bcaa etc. until over years and years i realized all that counts is nutrition, performance and health. and following protocols, even eating the same things every day is not healthy. all those protein shakes and bars etc. are full of artificial colour, flavour etc. too and a bodybuilders diet often lacks a ton of micronutrients. and vitamin/mineral supps do not compare as they lack all or most of the co-factors.

if i followed what everyone says then i would have to eat 3000 calories to maintain 10% bf, would have to eat low carb and do cardio and follow some split, periodization etc.
i prefer eating 5000 calories with 500g carbs and losing 3-4%bf while gaining 5-6kg in 3 months training almost daily and gaining strength easily at bf% low enough to step on stage anytime. not that i would win as my training is not about getting perfect proportions and improving rear delt and glutes as i do not consider it bodybuilding but muscle gains, fat loss and strength gains all are much more pronounced that way than is even considered possible.
following strict protocols never got me very far. the whole ampk/mtor thing is oversimplified and it is just not how the body works (either building mass or reducing mass and so on).

1 Like

The 600 MG per day of C3G is found here Indigo-3G® Controls Carbs to Build Muscle - Biotest

i know, 120 pounds in europe which is 160 or so dollars per month. i wonder i it really works better than lef ampk activator and pterostilbene which can be had for 60/month.
i mean ampk activator, pterostilbene, pomegranate extract, berberine, banaba, agmatine or indigo3g lol…i would love to try it though.

It’s been around forever…that particular product.

i know but how many have tried it who train and eat like me? i am sure it won’t do much if one does not change anything and takes one bottle. at least the things that work for me did not enable me to eat 5000 calories instantly, it is a process so i doubt many have used it for months eating a massive amount of carbs due to price.
these type of supps seem to work best when one trains very heavy, often and therefore needs the calories. split training simply seems to be a catastrophy for metabolism. huge guys eating 2500 calories and doing cardio to get lean…i never understood that.