New supplement thread

Sounds right. I was doing some more reading. Sounds like r-ala is almost unusable as soon as you get it; it forms a very tough polymer clump or something. The sodium must prevent that.

BulkSupplements sent me (yet) another free sample offer. I just ordered some gynostemma to try out as part of GDA after my competition. I also wanted to try Hesperidin, but they were out of it.

Redcon1 Sprinkled Donut Bar is launching tomorrow
Confirmed on their social media (IG)

4 Likes

Any idea when all of the MRE bars are supposed to arrive at Vitamin Shoppe locations?

They are already there
Aaron posted on his IG story customers buying them at VS including the new peanut butter one (newest release)

1 Like

Already there at least a couple of flavors

1 Like

I so cannot wait to stop shredding to try these flavors!

MRE bars imo are ok at best
I personally would rather have

SinFit
Fit crunch
My bar pro
SinFit Cookies
Fortifx
Animal Snak
Nitrotech Crunch

Plus beef and all those other forms are protein are really weak sources that have a very low amount of leucine and amino acids

Even at their cheapest last week where they weee $1.59 a bar there are much better options IMO

yeah, this came up in a separate thread. I eat MRE [and similar] bars literally as a meal replacement, “rare and appropriate”. If I was consuming it for the sole purpose of protein supplementation, I would just take some Whey Isolate powder at a fraction of the cost. Otherwise folks would be dissing beef and chicken for meals, too…:laughing:

2 Likes

Any idea if they are in GNC stores as well?

1 Like

Just VS as stated on Aaron’s IG Page. I suggest follow them on social it tells you where they are

2 Likes

Well in your case your basically paying for the name even at a lower source of aminos when you could get 20g of protein from a much cheaper bar that tastes better. So if you want to pay for them sure but there’s no advantage over any other bar out there. Whey and casein are superior when it comes to higher AA content.

Nobody is dissing beef or chicken at meals. When you heavily processs those into bars and protein powders they are very insignificant sources . Would you ever pay for carnivore or beer protein in bulk? I highly doubt it … overpriced scraps of collagen basically

Will do my man! What’s his handle?

Search Aaron Singerman or redcon1

1 Like

Right…once we account for price, we are all better off just taking plain protein isolate powder if that’s your goal. :grin:

Yeah, the fucky AA content has really pushed me away from the MRE sub-brand. A shame, cause the flavors are delicious, but I have no reason to be actively avoiding dairy, so for me it’d really just be paying a huge premium for a fad product.

2 Likes

This is great info BK. My wish, as a Consumer, would be to have the opportunity to sample a lot of those bars prior to taking the proverbial plunge. As you know taste is subjective

2 Likes

Yeah they are very expensive. I also prefer the one bar flavors I’ve had to them as well.

2 Likes

Unfortunately most bars based off whey concentrate, or have those damn frankenfibers in them destroy my soul, so I’ll use the MRE bars if the situation absolutely calls for it

1 Like

Also I hate how that was one huge run on sentence :sweat_smile: