New supplement thread

People say (and the data backs up this claim) that beta alanine doesn’t have noticeable effects for athletes who aren’t competing in endurance based activity. However, I notice a huge benefit from beta alanine even on my standard 10-12 rep sets.

It just goes to show how different athletes respond. It could also mean that we as athletes (yep, including myself as a Men’s Physique competitor as an athlete) actually train harder than the “experts” think we do.

1 Like

Axe & Sledge’s new meal replacement shake coming out this week. I’ve got two in my mailbox at home - Pat Williams (co-founder along with Seth Feroce) told me less than 1% of the total protein is beef, with the other 99% coming from Whey, whey isolate, and egg protein.

Flavors are sweet potato pie and chocolate brownie. Carb sources are oats and sweet potato. Each serving closing at 4g of fat.

The label sounds good if the beef protein truly is only 1% of the total protein. Not sure why they added the 1%, but I’ll find out.

Reviews to follow next week when I’m back from vacation.

1 Like

If true RE: beef protein, then that is good news and not a bad MRP product.

1 Like

I’m a fan of BA and absolutely can tell the difference when I use it for training vs when I don’t…

1 Like

Glad it’s not just me!

1 Like

I’m on the beta alanine hater team at this point lol

1 Like

Ghost BF Update:

WC Peppermint & Snickerdoodle For BF
Coconut Ice Cream Whey Restock
Chips Ahoy V2 Restock
MAX Flavors Restock
Sour Patch Kids BCAA Restock
Burn Pina Colada – Australia (This Friday)

2 Likes

Same, both it and creatine should not be in preworkouts.

2 Likes

I’m in on this too. I would rather have them separately. While I’m not totallllly against BA in pre’s because I do enjoy the “tingles”, I could go without it as well. Only thing I’m still wondering to this day, is why everytime I’ve taken beta-alanine, I’ve gotten that feeling in a different areas of my body :joy: most annoying my ears. One time it was my toes and nose…so idk WTH is going on there lmao

2 Likes

I get it less. I wonder if that has something to do with saturation in the body. I can take 4-5g and only get a slight tingle at worst.

1 Like

Upcoming Releases & Black Friday Items:

Alpha Lion:
SuperHuman - Santa Sauce - LE Flavor
Komodo Pump new Flavor - Cyber Monday

Axe & Sledge:
Freedom Flavor for Hydraulic & The Grind

BPN:
Fruit Cereal Whey – BF

CBDFit:
CBD Gut Health Formula

Campus Protein:
2 New Fuel Flavors - Strawberry Kiwi & Peach Rings
New Sparta Dipping Dots Whey

Dynamik Muscle:
King Kai BCAA – BF

Sneak:
Blackout Sneak Energy - LE Flavor

Eflow:
Enraged Extreme LE Flavor - BF

Ghost:
WC Peppermint & Snickerdoodle For BF
Coconut Ice Cream Whey Restock
Chips Ahoy V2 Restock
MAX Flavors Restock
Sour Patch Kids BCAA Restock

Muscle Sport:
Rhino Black LE Flavor

MSI:
Xmas Cookie Dough MSI Whey Flavor – BF

MaxProtein:
MugCake

MTS:
New outright bar Toffee Peanut Butter
2 New Vegan Outright bars (Monday 11/25)
New Flavors of Machine Fuel
New flavor of Clash
New MTS Whey Flavor → Pancakes & Syrup
** Marc has stated up to 15 total new items from brand on black friday and Tiger Fitness **

Redcon1:
33% OFF Sale
MRE Lite Caramel Corn & Pumpkin Pie
MRE Pumpkin Pie
Total War Vice City
PB and J MRE Bar
SnickerDoodle MRE Bar
Ration Packs

Obvi:
Vegan Collagen Booster
Frosted Cereal Super Collagen Protein

Insane Labz:
Special Edition Insane Veinz Gold

Gamma Labs:
Exclusive G-Fuel Flavor (Peach Cobbler)

I also have Freedom Hydraulic and The Grind combing from Axe and Sledge. Reviews to come next week.

2 Likes

Right? From what I’ve read [citation missing], it’s supposed to build up in your system like creatine.

One of my personal favorite brands. Seth is fairly local to me so love supporting him. Let me know how those flavors are

1 Like

I’m just over people looking at a pre on a Stack3d FB post that may have 2.4 grams of BA in it and commenting on it saying “tHaT’s NoT tHe ClInIcAl DoSe” lol.

I get that it has solid research for endurance purposes, and it’s not a bad thing to have in a pre, but it’s unnecessary for many of us imo.

1 Like

Because formula snobs now exist thanks to the anti prop blend movement

True. And again - I dontcare what the data says About effective (yet safe) doses, because if BA gives me more endurance - than you better believe I’m a personal advocate for it. We generally can’t ever tell anyone what does/doesn’t work for them.

1 Like

Yup i am one of those people that BA works well for. I have found that it works best on consistent daily use! In my SR days, I tested some straight BA products and enjoyed them. Like anything else works for some and not all! The ball just keeps on bouncing!

2 Likes

Updated Spazmatic released

Got this on the GNC price mistake. Pleasantly surprised, unique flavor to mix it up

1 Like