New supplement thread

Huh. I used to do 2g + 3g creatine mono (not -clear or -pure fancyboy stuff) with a Crystal Lite 2x/day and the creatine was far and beyond the least soluble aspect of that

It was either a fiscal decision or I wasn’t ready to pull the trigger on the candy flavor. Now I understand that there’s no wrong answer with any of the elite flavors.

1 Like

I find it helps to mix any PeakO2 powder with other powders first (dry), and then mix that combined powder with liquid. If I just dump PeakO2 into liquid, it doesn’t mix well.

1 Like

Just a question…

Do the same ppl who rag on prop blends in supplements, do the same with Peak02 (an ingredient prop blend)?

I will also comment after extensive usage peak02 does nothing for me.

PeakO2 can itself be considered a single ingredient IMO, as there are studies on the “blend” itself,” and it’s largely treated as a single cordyceps ingredient.

3 Likes

I have used it for awhile. I notice the difference when I don’t use it. Better ‘air’ if you will.

2 Likes

an ingredient made up of other ingredients gets a pass? You’d say the same thing for S7 and other blends? what if a prop blended product has studies, (say a preworkout) is that acceptable?

thought blends are partly frowned upon because it allows a window of inaccuracies of dosing, from batch to batch (since you truly can’t say “well the label states the amount that should be in there”), who’s to know what was studied concerning Peak02 and what is on the shelves?

not arguing, just think aloud.

S7 would get a pass. I see what you’re saying, but, a study on a finished PWO, including caffeine and everything, comparing it to just placebo, tells us almost nothing IMO. Caffeine alone will improve performance. Unless your study also includes a “control” group with caffeine in addition to the placebo group, improved performance tells us nothing besides “yes, you have caffeine in your PWO.” Or a study that uses a PWO daily for a month or longer, but it has Creatine and betaine in it, and compares to a placebo. Of course taking Creatine and betaine for a month with caffeine every workout will do you good. That study just tells us that the big 3 ingredients that cost like $2/month work; what am I paying the other $30-40 for?

Now, we KNOW all of these ingredients work, and at what doses (caffeine, creatine, and betaine), so we don’t really “need” to see more studies to know they work. Why use a prop blend to hide what we know how to dose and use from MOUNTAINS of studies?

For something like a PeakO2, the ingredient isn’t nearly as proven, so there’s some level of having to sort of “trust” what they’re doing and that it’s consistent, since you can’t easily find a quality replacement for the same ingredient.

4 Likes

As with a lot of things… We let the greedy and the idiots screw it up for everyone else. At some point we still have to take flyers on ingredients and formulas or we’ll just miss out on potential greatness. I come from a basketball background… and I couldn’t do without PeakO2 for an extensive, high intensity activity.

2 Likes

BH…do you take PeakO2 daily or simply during activity?

Peak02 works best daily
If inconsistent with use it’s effects won’t be as noted

4 Likes

Activity. Goal based. Recently I’ve been taking what’s left of my Xtend perform on days off to help get some of my gas tank back. I haven’t played or done much cardio since September. Peak work season really chokes my time.

@TheSolution is absolutely right… It needs daily consistency. But 2 weeks of consistent use gets you back in the swing.

1 Like

Yep. Needs to saturate.

I’ve noticed improved rep ranges with similar weight, while taking Peak O2. Cardio performance is improved as well.

1 Like

That is the reason I ask. I’ve enjoyed it when I use it daily. But when my training schedule changes and I don’t do as much HIIT activity I don’t find that it matters much.

2 Likes

Yup. For acute endurance, use rhodiola and taurine. But PeakO2 seems to be best used daily.

3 Likes

Mike Mccandless taught me well :laughing:

1 Like

All that said, I do notice acute improvements from PeakO2. Not as profound as when I’m a couple weeks deep, but as a fat powerlifter (with an oly coach who is trying to get me more conditioned), I definitely get less winded even with a single large dose.

3 Likes

Could just be placebo but I’ve noticed acute effects from Peak O2 myself.

2 Likes

Over the summer, I played in a basketball tournament that my company holds every year. I played four 40 minute games that day. I sat a total of 10 minutes of game time all day as one of the best players in the gym. I wasn’t winded or sapped. Still managed to drive 2.5 hours to meet my family for our vacation that evening. I owe that to training and conditioning for 3 solid months on consistent PeakO2 saturation. Consider me sold.

3 Likes