What came first?

1 Like

Happy to be a nerd though!!! My name says it all :joy:

1 Like

Plot twist, the stork is real

1 Like

Next up, stork protein

1 Like

Haha. I’m surprised Cricket protein hasn’t become more popular here.

I guess us Americans get grossed out by bugs, which makes it hard to market.

3 Likes

I would totally try it. Not sure about the amino profile though (yes I’m too lazy to google it this morning…get off my lawn)

1 Like

Now I totally get the egg hatching preview!! Well played @DanielMoo I would definitely be curious to learn more of the benefits of egg vs whey in protein powder form!

@Matt_Towson Last time I ate insects was in survival school in 2006, turns out when you are starving everything tastes fine! Perhaps that is how they can market Cricket Protein, "You want these insane gains, then only way to get it is through CRICKET!!! " People will want the ‘Gainz’ bad enough to eat or do anything! LOL

2 Likes

Crickets actually taste pretty good surprisingly. I had cricket protein once, tastes fine.

We Americans are not very open to other food sources like the rest of the world.

1 Like

I’d 100% use it if it were more affordable. No way I’m paying more for it then for whey though unless I can’t tolerate whey.

1 Like

I remember the cricket and mealworm chip things in elementary/middle school. They legit tasted like chips; I’d eat them regularly if they were more affordable.

1 Like

Haha and here it is!

For one thing, I think some people will digest this protein powder much better than the conventional whey protein. That can be the biggest difference in itself. Not to mention, the unflavored powder will be very versatile and used for even making pancakes, baked goods, etc.

crickets are an excellent protein source, higher in fat but…

1 Like

In other words… Better then the MRE Beef Scraps

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Does that say whey has 0.04 leucine?

It’s a little low, I’ve seen typical leucine contents as .10 for whey.

What are the units? I’m not buying that eggs have 50 times the leucine of whey lol.

1 Like

And I’m also not buying that whey has ~10x as much tryptophan as leucine…

I don’t either, and I’m not sure what the graph is alluding to with the asterisk because it doesn’t say that the values are statistically significant. I’m confident that they are at least comparable, however

If you don’t know the units why did you comment on what whey is normally? And what is comparable to what?

I have no idea where that article or graph is from, but from previous literature I recall seeing the typical amount of naturally occurring leucine in whey as being .10, or I.E. 2.5g of leucine per 25g of whey protein. I was also confused as to where they got the .04 value from.