Lion's Mane: The Nerve Growth Nootropic Mushroom

nootropics
lions-mane
brain-forza
Lion's Mane: The Nerve Growth Nootropic Mushroom

Originally published at: https://blog.priceplow.com/nootropics/lions-mane

Lion’s Mane is an incredible mushroom that touts some extremely unique nootropic benefits including increasing Nerve Growth Factor. If you’ve been keen to the nootropic world lately, you’ve probably seen a certain member of the Fungi Kingdom showing up more frequently. This mighty mushroom is rather impressive and could be… …(Read more on the PricePlow Blog)

Nice writeup. Have used this in ANS Rave most recently as MagicLion

Wow! Your article sold me on this! I’m having a heck of a time finding a brand that lists the beta-glucans percentage. I’m hoping the Swanson Vitamins brand is good, as I buy a ton of stuff from them…but again, they don’t list percentages either.
(btw, your Amazon link for the Swanson brand is dead)

@GaspariDan / @TheChadd,

Thanks for the feedback guys! Really appreciate it.

As you can tell, I LOVE nootropics and researching/ writing about them. So, it’s encouraging to see that the noot articles I’m writing are of interest to you guys.

Any requests for specific nootropics mega posts you’d like to see?

I am very interested in anything nootropic you can post. I’m fairly high stress and anxious (and high blood pressure). I am willing to try anything that will help with those. So far nothing has worked :stuck_out_tongue:

I just started taking ashwagandha last week (I posted that in another thread I think), and haven’t seen any changes just yet; so we’ll see how that goes. How about an article on that?

Have you tried Bacopa or Rhodiola yet to relieve stress/anxiety?

I was taking this for a few months, and didn’t notice any difference…but it was mostly Relora with a pixie dust of other stuff, including rhodiola.

I’ll have to give Bacopa and Rhodiola a go, too. I got the Lions Mane on order; so try that with the ashwagandha first.

EDIT: Meh, I’m tacking the rhodiola onto my order :smiley:

In addition to pixie dusting, most aren’t extracts.

Will be giving this a read since I have yet to try any nootropics even though they’ve caught my attention as of late. Looks like a typical solid read.

Alright! My lions mane came in today from Swanson Vitamins. Unfortunately it’s “Full Spectrum” (which means non-standardized). Going to start at 1500 mg per day (split over 3 doses). Let’s see how it goes…
2017-12-14 09_04_33-Swanson Premium Full Spectrum Lion's Mane Mushroom 500 mg 60 Caps - Swanson Heal

Good starting point but I think 2-3g would be the best dose for this. But starting lower is a good idea.

@Robert

Rhodiola arrived today. Gonna give that a shot for stress/anxiety. Thanks for the tips!
My new stress/anxiety stack:

• 1000 mg Rhodiola (3% rosavins)
  • 1500 mg Lions Mane ("Full Spectrum) (will probably increase dosage to 3000 mg over time per @lightningfast 's rec)
  • 1350 mg Ashwagandha (2.5%)
  • (plus 100-200 mg 5-HTP some evenings as needed)

Haven’t tried rhodiola that high. Interested in how it goes.

In my experience, rhodiola’s effects are typically pretty immediate, less long term vs. others. 1000mg is pretty high, are you splitting that?

Yeah, 500 mg in the morning, and another 500 mg in the early afternoon. The others in the stack I split over 3x/day.

Worth noting that rhodiola has a bell curve response, too high of a dose can have the same lack of effectiveness as too small of a dose. I stick in the ~400mg/day range myself.

Yeah, I saw that on examine.com. I figured that splitting the dose would make a difference, especially if it has a “short term” versus “long term” type of effect.

The past couple days, I noticed that that I am feeling less anxious/stressed, but I pretty much started taking all 3 supps at about the same time…plus the whole placebo factor of course. The real test is when I’m back at work tomorrow :smiley: