Lion's Mane: The Nerve Growth Nootropic Mushroom

Robert can now be found at:

I was confused because I saw the opening post was from Mike, but then Robert responded and it made me think he wrote it. This misunderstanding was intensified because Mike’s last name is Roberto. haha

1 Like

Robert Roberto would be a great name for a character…

1 Like

Or a phony Twitter account exposing all the secrets and lies of the supplement industry

2 Likes

Bacopa (300mg/day of something like Bacognize or Synapsa) takes a handful of weeks for benefits to really manifest. Some research indicates that piracetam (~2.4g/day) works best with continued use, and some rodent research also suggests that a combination of piracetam and choline works better with continued use than acute use. Then there’s lion’s mane, which is the topic of this thread.

I don’t really see a need to cycle off choline TBH (200+mg of CDP or GPC, or 2g of bitartrate). Creatine is also generally good for cognition and doesn’t need to be cycled (3-5g/day).

Bacopa you should likely cycle off once or twice a year, if for no other reason than an abundance of caution, but I see no issue running it for cycles of at least 12 weeks.

Ashwagandha (30mg/day withanolides, which is 600mg KSM-66) falls in the same area as bacopa IMO, and also has some research showing cognitive benefits.

And I’d honestly say something similar about lion’s mane (2-3g/day of fruiting body powder)

Cycles of ~12 weeks with a few weeks off. 3 months on 1 month off means you only need to cycle it 3 times a year, which isn’t really that often, and you can always stagger your bacopa and/or ahswagandha and/or lion’s mane so when you’re off one, you’re on the other.

Rhodiola (at least 200mg of 3% rosavins and 1-2% salidroside) can honestly be taken for 4-10 weeks daily before cycling, but you can also use it more acutely as opposed to something that requires buildup for effects like bacopa.

Tyrosine (2g) is another one that has acute benefits, but can also be taken daily for a while, as it’s really “just” an amino acid. Same with ALCAR (1-2g). And note that l-tyrosine appears to be superior to NALT in pretty much every study that compared them.

Huperzine (100-200mcg) and galanatmaine (4-8mg) and sage (all AChE inhibitors) also work acutely, but can be taken daily for a few/several weeks.

2 Likes

do you know about any muscle gaining supplement?

Yes, protein rich foods and resistance training.

3 Likes