Lets talk Berberine

Berberine has come up quite a bit lately in a few discussions on this forum. So why not kick off its own topic…

I started taking it this week after everyone’s praises :smiley:. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) my carbs are already pretty low with my shredding, 75 g / day target right now, and I get them mostly from vegetables with the exception of 1/4 cup brown rice and 1 cup mixed berries; so it probably won’t help me much right now. If I get a carb refeeds (400 g carb bump in one day) before the comp, then it might have more impact on those days.

I commented previously about how terrible the stuff tastes. @Christianmelon suggested capping it. My wife apparently already has empty caps and even a capper. So we are going to give that a shot today.

So, what do ya all think about this stuff. Examine.com seems to be cautiously optimistic about it, along with a plethora of random blogs on the interwebs.

A bunch of recent quotes about it from y’all…

2 Likes

“The increase in AMPK will inherently suppress muscle hypertrophy in muscle cells. You can attenuate this by inducing PGC-1a (happens with intense workouts) but this also sort of suppresses AMPK in these tissues”

Don’t dose it around workouts. Otherwise, great ingredient and hope it stays around

3 Likes

Worth pasting this here :smiley:

1 Like

A little update here. Since my trainer made me stop taking berberine 5 days ago, I noticed that I’m a lot more gassy, and poops are a little less solid (TMI, sorry lol). So I’m fairly certain the berberine is responsible for those improvements. I’ll start taking it again after the competition for sure!

Fiber and a probiotic my friend.

1 Like

Yeah, been doing fiber. not to mention all the natural sources of fiber I’ve been eating. Gonna start probiotics after the show for sure.

1 Like

If you’ve never used a probiotic before be prepared for that “toilet experience”
" where did that $h!t come from, literally?"

1 Like

I’ve taken it before a few times, but only alongside antibiotics. I never really noticed anything. I went ahead and started taking some yesterday. We’ll see how it goes.

Evomuse Gut Health.
Take that probiotic and you will feel 100x better. Best on the market IMO

2 Likes

At that price, I bet :laughing:! I just need to get through Saturday, anyway.

It’s like $20 a bottle man? I don’t know why you think it’s overpriced unless your shopping in the wrong places

I know Matt the owner if you want to grab some I can get you a special discount. Hands down its the best thing I have ever did for my digestion is adding it in and using it year round. Light years difference for bloating and absorbing / processing food

Where do you get Evo Gut health for $20? It’s $32 almost everywhere I have seen.

Re-Read my last post start of the 2nd sentence:
"I know Matt the owner if you want to grab some I can get you a special discount. "

^^^^^
You know my email so if you are interested let me know

Also ---- If you go to the main Evomuse website you can buy a year supply at $22 a bottle which is 6 bottles. — For what the product is and does worth every penny. I can probably get it cheaper then that though maybe around $110 for 6 bottles. I would have to text/email matt if you are interested.

Anyone have thoughts on continuous supplementation of berberine? Every study I’ve read has been limited to 4 weeks. Berberine seems to be getting so much hype lately; I’m tempted to keep it in my daily stack indefinitely.

I don’t see a problem with doing that.

I’ve been hearing all lot of the benefits of continuous use

Can ya share some articles or even anecdotes? I can’t find crap beyond a few weeks’ use.

Man these are all posts from people like us from all over the ‘net. It’s all anecdotal from what i can tell

FYI: I just scored this berberine off amazon and it’s the real deal. 500mg of berberine hcl with 120 caps. I tested it lightly fasted and it crashed my blood sugar, Which gave me the excuse to dive into the box of cap’n crunch and wash it with a protein shake

1 Like

Cool! That’s the same one I recommended to my boss who was trying to lose weight.

Now the question for y’all. I started keto today, should I stop taking berberine?