GZCL UHF 9 Week Results

So a quick background on me, as I am new to the forums. I have been in the U.S. Army for 19 years and 7 months as of this writing, and am currently retiring next May at my 20 years. The reason for this is I have sustained quite a few injuries over my years of service, and I am 100% disabled due to a combination of injuries. So now you have some context.

I had total reconstructive surgery on my left ankle in March of this year, and that required 7 months of Physical Therapy. I can no longer run, and I was not real sure if I could ever squat or deadlift again. In September I was finally able to Squat again and 135 pounds felt heavy.

I give the background so you understand why I programmed the numbers that I did and can put some context in the results. Basically I am the guy at the gym now wearing knee sleeves on squat days, wrist wraps on heavy bench and always a left ankle brace. My starting weights for squat and deadlift were low on purpose as I was just getting back into it.

Results from GZCL UHF 9 Week:
Starting 1RM / Current 1RM (in pounds)

Squat: 215 / 300
Bench: 265 / 285
Deadlift: 315 / 405
OHP: 135 / 155

I substituted the Close Grip Bench Press Day (Day 5) with OHP. I just wanted to share my results as I was happy to get back in the game. I kept a training log on SR, but since I have moved on from that site, I wanted to post this somewhere. If anyone has any questions on how I programmed this, please ask away.’

Last week I started the 5/3/1 Pervertor program, maybe I will start a log on here.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your updates!

1 Like

Damn, quite a story. Welcome to the forums, and thank you for your service!

1 Like

@TheChadd and @Anthony Thank you for the welcome!!

1 Like