Favorite preworkout of 2018, so far

I would like to see a pwo from NB that’s more of a micro dosed, lower grams of select ingredients. You guys would get it right.

This is a really interesting topic that I’d love to hear what the CONSUMERS are looking for. To me, micro dosed means under dosed. In my eyes, anything less than the full efficacious dose is a negative, but I may be looking at this wrong. What do you think?

I’d also love to hear from @Mike on this.

3 Likes

I believe there is something to be said for starting with the goal in mind and working backwards. In other words…

Why are you training?

When you go to the gym…what is it that you need to help you reach those goals? (some samples)

• Training Program (that you actually follow of course)
  • A gym and equipment
  • Proper diet
  • The latest and greatest from UnderArmour and Nike (let’s be honest if you look good you feel good…)
  • Supplementation…which leads to:

For the average lifter (not those that are bodybuilders nor preparing for the NFL Combine), but those of us that love it and have families etc…Does:

• 3.2 Grams of BA help you lift more than 2.0? (I’m making this up as I go along…but work with me)
  • 350 MG of Caffeine improve your overall physique vs. 300 MG?

One of my best friends is a ‘Master Trainer’ (yeah I didn’t know that existed either) and he always says… “1%” Meaning…does 1% more make you more $$? For kids going to the NFL Combine it does…For me? If I can lift 5 more lbs?

Does ‘feeling great’ while in the gym and ‘smashing stuff bro’ (Is that what the kids say?) override that ‘crash’ or not being able to get your real work done later in the day because you are spent?

This may not be answering the question but something worth discussing.

Last thought…I had no clue who Seth Feroce was (gasp!) until I watched a couple of YouTube videos recently…(Listen I’ve always paid attention to NFL Athletes and Combine Prep more than bodybuilders so there’s that)…BUT he did have some good points about supplements…and paraphrasing ‘we want you to feel good and get better not be tweaked out of your mind and crash later or inhibit your progress’ Thus find the supplements/Training shoes/gym that allows you to do that and not worry about the rest…

No clue if any of this made sense

I like how this was phrased haha. A lot of good points here

1 Like

Yeah you’re looking at it wrong lol I think you know I would like efficacious amounts.

When I say micro, I mean leave out all the unnecessary ingredients that are common in all in one pwos. Saturated, bcaas etc.

Less compounds, but full actives. Scoop size under 10g. So a small scoop is all you need versus large 20-30g scoops.

Now personally…I have found that products with less ingredients works for me. Whenever a product includes a little of this…a little of that…a little bit of Monica…a little bit of Sheila etc…I don’t react well…A few ingredients and I’m good…Size of scoop never bothered me (insert that’s what she said)

1 Like

You’re officially one of my favorite people on this forum after quoting that song

1 Like

Got two tubs of both Re1gn and DMHA Kraken laying around to be tried, so looking forward to those. I’m expecting Re1gn to be my favorite, but as of now, DMHA Total War takes the cake

If given the choice between less ingredients at better doses and more ingredients at under-dosed levels, of course I’d pick the former. Unfortunately that’s the industry we are in, however. Not many companies have the array of ingredients at the doses NutraBio does in their Pre-workouts.

1 Like

Thank you NN

I’m increasingly disillusioned with “novel” stims. I still have two and a half tubs of OG Kraken and one tub of SP250, but when I try them back to back with some of my preferred caffeine-only pres - Prolific, Pre-Kaged, Quake - I can’t say I notice a big enough difference to think they’re worth the price premium a lot of places are charging to clear out their remaining stock. I just picked up a tub of Nutrabio Pre so we’ll see where it fits in my stock of favorites.

The shift towards Teacrine sucks for me because it stays in your system for so long, which is great for smooth, long-lasting energy but not great for those of us who lift at night. I made the mistake of taking C4 Ultimate once before a workout and I think I was up until 5:30. That also rules out, what, the new Clash, Arc Reactor, and some other good new ones, right?

Only preworkouts I miss are original Jack3d and LGI Fully Loaded, the latter of which being the first “kitchen sink” preworkout that also had a novel stim in it (AMP Citrate).

1 Like

Nutrabio PRE is awesome, but with the stimulant formula, you might be up for a while as well. I would shoot for something a little lower in stimulants (Nutrabio Fighter Fuel) or no stimulants (Mega-Pre) for instance. Maybe even try nootropic formulas lower in stimulants, such as Brain brdige or Blockbuster by Man sports. Opinions @DAMON

Now personally I workout in the morning and work from home so Teacrine works for me…I’m able to get a lot of work done after my workout. But I hear you on the ‘novel’ stims. Hell I’m 49 and I don’t want to keel over in the gym because of some new stim that exists.

I’ve got a fairly high caffeine tolerance - I’m not one of those guys who can two-scoop Mr Hyde and feel nothing but I’m not my buddy who gets wired off a scoop of C4 - and didn’t have any issues when I tried a sample of Pre Extreme a little while back, so I think I’ll be okay with Pre. 350mg caffeine is right at my limit, I’ll be saving it for really heavy days, but caffeine clears my system pretty quickly. I appreciate y’all looking out, though! I’ve been meaning to try Fighter Fuel as I recommend it to a lot of friends looking for lower stim options but haven’t had any myself. :slight_smile:

Man, that whole Re1gn situation was just totally nuts to me. “We’ve got a new stimulant and we won’t tell you what’s in it or how much we put in here, sorry if you end up not being able to tolerate it!”

2 Likes

We also make the same exact formula without any stims, Pre Stim-Free.

3 Likes

!!! I totally forgot to even mention that one. There’s another viable option

@Extrabeef
It depends on the context, for me I would buy a good tasting energy drink with a couple grams of citulline for .50$ over a 2$ monster of a product with 24 grams of stuff for most of my workout days, thats not to say Its not a good product, or significantly better, but I usually don’t have 2$ to spend.

I would make the best product you could for .50 cents a serving focusing on what really has a benefit on a normal workout day. It doesn’t need full doses, just a bit of energy, pump and what ever else you fit in. Forgo the creatine beta alanine bcaas ect.

Heck just make a powdered energy drink if you want. At 50 cents you can get away with anything as long as it taste good.

so for a Pre-Workout, you’d want to spend 10 dollars for 20 servings or 15 dollars for 30 servings? That’s extremely low for this industry and well dosed products specifically.

There comes a point where you get what you pay for right? I mean hell…why not just grab a Five Hour Energy or cup of coffee? I mean you can…