DaSlays Log of Samples

Ran out of my Proven Egg protein a few days ago, so going through some samples now, since I did not think this through and all my protein is still in transit :frowning: Tried the Ice Cream Sandwich and Mint Chocolate Chip from MTS.

I thought the Ice Cream Sandwich tasted great, and the Mint choco chip was just okay. For some reason though both sit in my stomach, and after my shakes I burp a bit and almost get that I am going to throw up feeling, like I am too full. This was both mid afternoon, so no food with it. Strange reaction, and I thought maybe Gaspari Proven Egg has ruined me for Whey. However, I drank my Nutrabio Pancake this morning with milk as I did in the past, and had no issues. So MTS protein is a pass for me, which is a shame.

I did order up some Xtend Chocolate Lava Cake so hope to get that soon to keep my protein intake going. I also got a case of Merica Labz Freedom RTD and C4 Ultimate Sour Batch Bros, so looking forward to trying those out.

@Dougefresh93 You out tagging spots on the river walk in the 'Burgh? LOL found this funny, close enough on the spelling!

2 Likes

i am everywhere… MTS killed my stomach as well

1 Like

It’s probably due to the MTS Whey being primarily a concentrate plus all the other little additives that are upsetting your stomach. The Nutrabio is strictly an isolate, so it’s to be expected it wouldn’t mess with your stomach. I’ve felt more satiated whenever I drink MTS Vs. most other proteins as well, which is nice if you’re trying to hold yourself over til your next meal. If not though…well you already know lol

2 Likes

Wait till you try the C4 Sour Batch and Xtend Pro Chocolate. You are going to be in heaven.

You live pretty close to the strip district on Carson Street yes?
if so… DELUCAS for breakfast is a must (featured on man vs food)

2 Likes

Yup I am close to the strip! Will put it on my list to check out, thanks!

@Nappy_Nerd Yeah i know what you mean when it comes to whey concentrate vs isolate. Yesterday I drank up my Ghost Whey PB Cereal Milk one with milk (delicious btw) and it settled better than the MTS. Just drank a Cookies n Cream MTS and its giving me that weird i wanna puke feeling again. I think it must be some additive in MTS that I am not digging, bah!

1 Like

Finished up my Quake by scivation thanks to @TheSolution love that stuff. Anyways off to new PWOs in my stack (since i have a ton) and decided to try out one of my samples i got from CP. It was this:

And yes you saw it right, that is my new couch in my man cave in my new house in the 'Burgh, reupholstered to be as close to Steelers Yellow/Gold as i could. Not to mention its comfy as hell!

So the flavor was Grape Frost and tasted okay, but really it tastes like Grape Dimetapp (spelling?). So a bit of a cough syrup flavor. Convenient i drank this down in 2 sips, so easy as it gets. This was my first RTD PWO. It took right about 30 minutes to hit me, but gave me decent energy for the gym and my workout. Energy and that was about it, but it sustained well after my 45 minute workout. The caffeine (250mg) did not hit my digestive system as most PWOs or Coffee does so no bathroom session prior to lifting.

My first product from ABB, it was okay, it did its job. I really do not need a RTD PWO, but if you do this is not a bad option. My only dislike of it was the huge Prop Blend from hell, but at least it discloses caffeine content, which is important to me. Would I buy this? Nope, prop blends and prob a steep price, nah i will just use my PWOs and buy them on sale.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it my man

1 Like

Decided to try out a few more samples this last week:

Fuel (Watermelon Slices) - CP: This is an okay PWO. A little bit too weak for me, but not a bad option if you are looking for a low stim PWO. The Watermelon Slices flavor is absolutely delicious, and this can be a good option instead of an afternoon energy drink. A good enough boost to get you in the gym though, but the energy effect for it seems minor to me.

Ruckus (Pineapple) - MTS: Well the high caffeine content in this was a punch in the face about 15 minutes after drinking this. I immediately got a headache which lasted about 10 minutes, but wore off by the time I got to the gym. I maintained a very very minor headache throughout my workout, and had some energy, but did not care for such a high caffeine content. The pineapple taste was good at the first sip or two, then the flavor got kind of bleh (best way to describe it) for the rest of the drink so I just pounded what was left. Good energy level, but the headache from it makes me want to stay away from this one.

FullBlitz (Rainbow Candy) - BFF: BFF should just stand for my Best Supplement Friend Forever! The Rainbow Candy was just as delicious as it was in Vasoblitz, so yeah as @TheSolution describes it, its liquid skittles. Love the flavor. Here is the best way to describe my energy level and overall feeling on this sample packet (equates to 2 scoops in powder): DAMMMMNNNNNNNNNN and YEAHHHHHHHHHHH! This started to hit me 10-15 minutes after taking it while I was driving to the gym and once i got settled in my warm-up and my workout I was full of energy and ready to crush it. Mentally is seemed to give me that HULK strength feeling (felt in other PWOs like Pre-Jym). I did a 60 minute Shoulder workout and upped my weight in everything today, and never got tired once. I am writing this post workout and still have a high energy level and feel good. I am excited to take my tub of this I have on stand by, though it will be a while. Glad I got a sneak preview and am excited I signed up for that mystery flavor! Highly recommend!!

4 Likes

Glad you love Fullblitz
Get ready a new flavor drop is coming next week :slight_smile:

Samples will be sent out to ya sir

1 Like

I’m trying pineapple Ruckus myself as I type this midway through my workout.
1.) Some supplements with a bitter edge are ENORMOUSLY improved with ice water vs just “cold” tap water, i notice this especially with SizeOn. I tried Ruckus in ice water and it was pretty enjoyable start to finish.
2.) No headache for me, but i am pretty jittery, even with my very high caff tolerance.

1 Like

I never knew that about the Ice water, noted, thank you for the tip bro! It always does seem to be the little things that make big differences. Glad you didn’t experience the headaches, it could be because I work out fasted in the mornings, so perhaps with the high stims in Ruckus it would be better to have some sort of base in you first. It worked well if it was not for the dang headache! Oh well, the beauty of supps, works well for one, and not for another lol!

In a faster state, I can totally see getting a headache from that strong of a pre. Maybe something small? Like toast or a bagel or something haha

1 Like

It is weird though, I have had strong pre’s in the same state (i.e. Full Blitz) and not experienced the headaches, oh well a piece of toast would never hurt lol!!

Maybe it’s the combination of things? Hordenine, tyramine, on top of the other stimulants. Maybe that mixed with the Nitrates caused an issue on an empty stomach? There’s many variables that could have come into play

1 Like

ahhh re-looking at it carefully, you know what prob gave me the headache is Hordenine. Me and Hordenine typically do not get a long well, there is the culprit!!

I got my free sample in the mail yesterday and decided to give it a shot yesterday afternoon. I got the Devastating Dew flavor and it tasted like a cross between Mountain Dew and Lemon Lime, but not really nailing either flavor. It really was not a great taste at all, hints of both, but did not seem to lock one taste down. It was not undrinkable or anything like that but not as enjoyable as it probably could have been. So 5/10 on taste.

Energy and focus wise though, this did great! I played some video games (City of Heroes) because that is what you are supposed to do on these, LOL, and wanted to see if it kept me energetic in the afternoon to get over that slump. It sure did, the energy eased its way in, and it worked very well for I would say close to 3 hours or so. I felt focused in the video game and other activities, and just had some good energy overall. This is definitely a nootropic I will be trying next when I am in the market for another.

This gets DaSlaya’s 2 thumbs up, just maybe a different flavor!

1 Like

You get the FullBlitz Sample!?

Lol I think you’re losing it Bob… yes, I posted it in this thread Build Fast Formula Special's / Deals - #86 by TheSolution and on my IG (Chris_and_Chuck) the other day… I knew I should have posted it here though!

That is what happens when you don’t sleep and work too much :slight_smile:
Thanks. I personally made over 100+ Orders on my own computer to send samples to people, so I am just trying to keep tabs.

2 Likes

Yeah I assumed you over extended yourself a bit, you are a busy man but we all appreciate it! Just had to give you a hard time when I got the chance haha… Appreciate you bro!

1 Like