DaSlays Log of Samples

Looking forward to getting your thoughts on the apple pie one. Not a lot of brands pull off that flavor

2 Likes

will def be posting my thoughts. I am not sure I have ever had an Apple Pie Protein powder… or cherry flavor one for that lol

1 Like

Only had two. USN Apple Pie Isolate, and Axe & Sledge Farm Fed. Both are excellent.

2 Likes

Tried out the NB Confetti Cake Muscle Matrix Today

Kind of had a hint of cake like on the smell, but whatever. On initial taste I definitely got a faint cake like taste and into more of a frosting flavor. After a few sips you really can taste the buttery cake like flavor, and the frosting flavor comes out at the end. It was more subtle to me than the Cherry Bomb Pop one but pretty good overall. It definitely tastes as advertised.

I will do a final roll-up post after I try the Apple Pie and take these for a bit but for right now, the two I have had are delicious and here are my rankings.

1. Bombs Away WPI
  2. Confetti Cake Muscle Matrix
2 Likes

We’re glad you liked it!

2 Likes

I failed to chime in…that is a really good protein powder - very sweet cake like taste…I really like it.

1 Like

I gave Beam Chocolate Greens a whirl today thanks to @TheSolution. It had a nice chocolate taste to it at first and then the greens flavor would kick in right after. It kind of thew me off a bit, and I did not like the combo to be honest. It was completely drinkable, but I am just not a chocolate taste + greens taste kind of guy. However, it digested very well for me, so that works out. So my only nit picky thing on this is the flavor, seemed to work ok otherwise.

1 Like

See I knew it… @TheSolution sent a hand in a bag as a warning…

1 Like

hahhahah

1 Like

Chocolate is my preferred flavor from BEAM, and I really enjoy it. You just happen to not like chocolate greens which is why its not your preference. That is why I sent you both to try out :slight_smile: let me know about berry!

1 Like

Yeah I am typically not a go to chocolate flavor guy as I was eluding to in my BFF review. But between BFF and Gaspari proteins they have been swaying my opinion. I can see the appeal if I was a huge chocolate lover here. Honestly, it comes down to digestion for me and this did the job so its a win in my book!

Tried this one out for my Bed time protein last night. I have never found a vegan protein that I liked, but wow. This one was great. Had a bit of a chalky (slight) texture to it, but the PB flavor was so prevalent. This was excellent and a must try for any PB lover out there. Probably the most heavily PB flavored protein I have tried to date. This is officially the first vegan protein I have enjoyed, and I could easily devour a tub of this.

This was the second flavor of Beam Greens I tried. I enjoyed this flavor a lot. The berries blend well with the greens taste, and it was very easy to drink. Digestibility worked well for me a second day in a row, so BEAM is definitely on my radar for a Greens supplement to try out in the future.

1 Like

AWESOME! Glad you enjoyed

1 Like

Meanwhile I hate berry flavored anything, but used to put a scoop of chocolate whey in my own homemade green smoothies, and loved the (extremely weird) flavor.

Taste is so subjective.

2 Likes

Did this with CnC. Mostly vanilla base - I know it sounds goofed, but likewise, it was good.

1 Like

I see someone is now an almond butter addict :slight_smile:
Told ya I would not let you down!

2 Likes

haha yes its true! My Cookie Batter taste test today really blew me away. @devoneisenberger you are right, the mix ins and flavors are so much more paramount in Almond Butter vs PB. Now to finish all my PB jars, and start replacing them with Almond Butter!!

2 Likes

Right!! I started really noticing it when the holiday flavors had launched especially with the gingerbread one…still can’t go wrong with butter my cup if you love reese’s like me though!

1 Like

You are welcome.
AB Train >>> PB
Told ya :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes thank you both. In my Instagram video when I try the almond butter one the mmmmm was uncontrollable lol. True reaction

2 Likes