Cold and Flu Supplement Stack

Glad it worked for you. My once-a-decade flus are awful. Also saw some news reports that it was making a few kids hallucinate!! Yikes!

1 Like

Unfortunately I didnā€™t get that fun side effect :joy:

1 Like

And to think people pay good money for drugs, just get the flu!

2 Likes

Supplementation with aged garlic extract improves both NK and Ī³Ī“-T cell function and reduces the severity of cold and flu symptoms: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled nutrition intervention

1 Like

Yes mercury in high amount is bad, but its important to distinguish between the forms

Thermosil degrades to ethyl mercury, instead of methyl mercury. Eythl mercury is much less toxic the methyl mercury for several reasons.
Going by the study mike linked they state that EM has a lower bioavilablity in the brain, a much shorter halflife and accumulates much less then MM.

ā€œA much lower brain concentration of total Hg was observed in the thimerosal monkeys compared with the MeHg monkeys, that is, a 3- to 4-fold difference for an equivalent exposure of Hg.ā€
ā€œthe blood clearance of total Hg is 5.4-fold higher after im thimerosal than after oral MeHg exposure.ā€
ā€œThe results indicate that for an equivalent level of chronic exposure, the area under the curve of total blood Hg concentrations in human infants receiving repeated im injections of thimerosal-containing vaccines will be significantly lower than that in those exposed chronically to MeHg via the oral route.ā€

Long story short its about a 3rd as bio-available in the brain and is cleared from the body 5 times faster.

Aside from that the dose in a flue shot is going to be much less that what you are getting from eating a can of tuna, and Methyl mercury still has an oral bio-availability in the above 20%(its not easy to find a good clear answer on this) and exposes you to more mercury as methyl mercury.

1 Like

Yet youā€™re still putting mercury in your brain in order to gain a completely unknown benefit (and possibly side effect).

The whole tuna can thing is a straw man. We should aim for less neurotoxins, always.

Yā€™all enjoy your ā€œfreeā€ flu shots. That shit ainā€™t happening in my house, ever.

1 Like

Havenā€™t had a flu shot since I was 5 and for the last 22yrs since then (Praise God), we (family) havenā€™t had the flu once.

I donā€™t really see it as a straw man, itā€™s a comparison of risk, ie its significantly less mercury in a much less bio available form.
I would disagree in some cases given the cost benefit of normal vaccines being really good, but donā€™t really have to since you can get them without thermosol.
Also forgot to mention this in the first post but Ethyl mercury is inorganic, methyl is organic

As long as you both are getting the normal vaccines I donā€™t have a problem with this position.

I would say the yearly one is only really necessary if you are around people with a compromised immune system(Ie healthcare worker).