Chadd's First Bodybuilding Competition Log

Update 2018-05-12 Six Weeks Out!

• The pics speak for themselves :smile:
  • Calories are down to 1520 per day. Cardio is now a minimum of 2500 per week. I’ve been on this for the past week, and handling it quite well. I’m a little tired, but I can still think clearly. I think the RXS Radiate (Thanks @TheMyth!) and Tea Tree Extract are helping with that.
    I cranked out 3800 calories of cardio this week; Alex should have known better than to give me a “minimum” :laughing:! During posing, Alex said I was pretty washed out (I’m down almost 4 pounds from last week!); so he gave me a re-feed this weekend to fill me out.

Posing

I’m starting to get my routine down. Going with one of my favorite songs, “We Can Make the World Stop” by The Glitch Mob, from 0:55 - 1:50. Check it out:

Shaving (no update)

Nutrition

As of Monday, my calories are now 1520 per day.

Daily targets

Calories: 1520

Macro Percent (cal) Grams
Protein 44.7% 170 g
Carbs 19.8% 75 g
Fat 35.5% 60 g

Workout Regimen

Cardio increased from 2000 to at least 2500 calories per week. I’m going to do as much as I have energy for. Did 3800 calories this week.

Weight

I’m down to 170.0. 165 will be an easy target now!

Starting Weight Current Weight Delta
207 170 37

Blood Pressure

Link to Blood pressure Data
2 weeks at half dose of my blood pressure meds. Still looking pretty good. I’ll cut them out completely in 2 more weeks if all goes well.

BP Meds

Amlodipine Besylate 5 mg (down from 10 mg)

Blood Work

Link to Blood Work Data
Probably going to get blood work done again next Friday.

1 Like

Out of curiosity how tall are you?

5’6"

Extra words to post :laughing:

Going to be pissed if you start weighing less then me :P.
Glad I still have 6 weeks to get under 165 then.

1 Like

LOL. Good luck, man! You just finished a cut for a trip last month or something right? You doing another one for anything specific?

I’m shooting for 2 lb/week right now. If I hit 160 for the show, I will be impressed. Then I have to think about my post-show weight…probably thinking 185.

1 Like

No, nothing specific just trying to keep up the weight loss. For some reason I’ve just been dropping a good deal of it recently and am around 167-170 depending on the day(keep in mind this is no where near your size, but same height).

The good news is I can now motivate myself with pettiness, so thanks!

1 Like

Looking insane, Chad! Can’t wait to see another 5lbs off.

3 Likes

Thanks, man! Totally getting excited with these shreds!

2 Likes

No problem at all. I don’t blame you. Your transformation is something to be excited over for sure!

2 Likes

Wow this is one of the most detailed logs I’ve ever seen!! Amazing work @TheChadd, keep it up brotha!

2 Likes

Thanks, man!

1 Like

Some animated gifs from posing class today :smiley:
side%20chest
back%20double%20bicep

2 Likes

Looking cut my man!

1 Like

@TheChadd you’re coming along super nice! Very impressive man, keep us updated!

1 Like

Gonna have to start calling you TheChampp soon!

3 Likes

Thanks guys! Things are really coming along. Less than 4 weeks out, and I’m almost at my target weight, too. My posing trunks came in, and I got my final blood work (and urine analysis) done. I’ll be posting an update next week. Cheers!

3 Likes

Update 2018-04-29 Three Weeks Out! New Blood Work; Posing Trunks Arrived

(Pics from last week, 4 weeks out)

• The Fitness Trainer Academy is now officially sponsoring me! Big thanks to Colbi!
  • New blood work done. The standard stuff looking great. However, white blood cell count is very low. Doctor is concerned :open_mouth:. Details below…
  • Target weight hit!
  • Completely off blood pressure meds. BP still dropping!
  • I heard there are currently only 5 male bodybuilders entered in the competition so far. 4 of which are in my weight class. Hopefully we’ll get more entries.
  • No more refeeds until just before the comp. I’m actually okay with this because 2.5 days after my refeed, I get a 1.5 day refeed “hangover” where I’m fatigued and irritable.
  • Posing trunks arrived. Ordered gunmetal and seaweed colors. Consensus is gunmetal looks best. I need get them tailored to make them tighter on the butt though. Doing that next week.

Posing

Working on relaxing my face, and fine tuning the mandatories.

Shaving (no update)

Nutrition

No more refeeds until just before the comp. I’m actually okay with this because 2.5 days after my refeed, I get a 1.5 day refeed “hangover” where I’m fatigued and irritable.

Daily targets

Calories: 1520

Macro Percent (cal) Grams
Protein 44.7% 170 g
Carbs 19.8% 75 g
Fat 35.5% 60 g

Workout Regimen

Workouts are now very high rep (low weight). Mostly trying to get a good sweat going. In addition, I’m doing 3500+ calories of cardio per week.

Weight

I’m down to 164.2. 165 target hit! Now just need to keep shredding and get comfortably below that number.

Starting Weight Current Weight Delta
207 164.2 42.8

Blood Pressure

Link to Blood pressure Data
2 weeks completely off my blood pressure meds. BP still dropping!

BP Meds

NADA!

Blood Work

Link to Blood Work Data
New blood work done. Doc is concerned about my white blood cell count, 2.6 k/uL. Minimum is 4. Going to schedule a retest in a few months. From what I’m reading low WBC probably a very very bad thing…especially if it is chronic. I’ve been on the border of the minimum since I started tracking in 2014. Honestly, I’m a little nervous.

Good news is my blood glucose, cholesterol, and triglycerides are kicking ass.
Here’s a sample of the data. The rest are available on the link, above.
2018-06-03%2013_19_10-Blood%20Pressure%20(WIP)%20-%20The%20Chadd%20_%20Tableau%20Public

2 Likes

Quick update. The worst is over! I was warned that this past week was going to be the toughest…and it was! Intense workouts along with low caloric intake was tough. Lots of caffeine and Radiate helped me get through the work days though.
I stumbled through this week…I even had a resting heart rate of 42 (holy shit!) on Saturday. My weight plummeted this week, down to 161.8 lb on Saturday. My physique is definitely “washed out” (which I was told to expect).

Now the fun begins! Alex is bumping my carbs up 50 g day to start filling me out. That will put me at 125 g carbs, 170 g protein, and 60 g fat, 1720 calories. He also wants me to stop taking my GDA’s, so I’m cutting out my berberine and EGCG now. That’s too bad because I’m pretty sure the berberine has reduced my gas, and given me more solid poops :poop:.

Also, I hired @CJ to do a pre-competition photo shoot. I mean, I can literally say I am in the best shape of my life, and will likely never look like this again (lol); so I might as go all out and save the memories!

Stay tuned, and thanks y’all for your support through this journey!

2 Likes

Why cut out the GDA?

He wants my body to utilize all the carbs he’s giving me. The GDA’s throw another variable into the mix.

1 Like