CarnoSyn - 'crazy bench press gains' Just for CJ (6.4 G per day!)

Either way I think it is worth thoroughly testing, and I am willing to pitch in 5$ for the kilo of beta alanine needed for CJ to test this.

3 Likes

Shoot, if yā€™all are paying for the product, Iā€™ll be a guinea pig. :joy:

I jumped on board. I have more than 3.2G in my pre-workout so Iā€™m going to take 3.2G mixed with my EAA Max (free plug) on non-training days. I have about a month until vacation (Vegas) and AthleanX relies heavily on endurance so we shall seeā€¦

1 Like

Howā€™s the AthleanX program treating you? Asking for a friend :wink:

I absolutely love it. Every workout (literally every one) is different and I feel the best I have felt in years. I move betterā€¦really good stuff. Iā€™m doing AthleanX2ā€¦and it took a little while to get used to but once you doā€¦

1 Like

Alsoā€¦watch Jeff Cavaliereā€™s YouTube videosā€¦the man knows his stuff.

Oh, FWIWā€¦Iā€™ve been taking 3.2 g BA every day for about a year and a half now. I split the dose over 1.6 g 2x/day (except for when I have my Total War on weekends :laughing: ), and I donā€™t really get the tingles anymore, even with a full 3.2g dose.

2 Likes

Ah that was going to be my next question, whether or not you kept up with his videos. Great guy, personal favorite for info

How is that working out for you? And do you use the powder or pill form?

1 Like

I had contemplated the program for a while then heard him interviewed by Joe DeFranco (Industrial Strength Show Podcast) and was soldā€¦Iā€™m nearing the end of Month 2 of 3

1 Like

3 Likes

Bulk powder (mixed with my creatine and betaine). I canā€™t really say I noticed a night/day difference, but itā€™s tough to track when its something that has to build up in your system. I wish I had a doppelganger to do a paired test :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I believe that it is also contingent upon the type of training you are doing as well. The strength endurance aspect does appeal to me

1 Like

Hereā€™s the study itself:

2 Likes

The way I read the study, it sounds like carnosine synthesis occurs inside the body, not at the manufacturer. I bet Carnosynā„¢ is just plain old [overpriced] BA, and not actually carnosine.

The effect of BA on performance has been attributed to its capacity to increase carnosine synthesis. Carnosine is a dipeptide composed of the amino acids BA and L-histidine [4]. As the organism is incapable of directly absorbing carnosine [1] and as it known that, unlike L-histidine, BA is able to increase muscular carnosine reserves [5], its ingestion is considered the limiting factor for muscular carnosine synthesis [4, 6]. In effect, the intake of 4.8ā€“6.4 g/day of BA over a period of 5ā€“6 weeks has been noted to increase muscular carnosine concentrations [7, 8].

2 Likes

What I find most interesting is the daily consumption leading to increased results versus simply prior to training.

2 Likes

Totally agree with that. I hate having BA in my pre. Since I take BA as part of my daily supp mix, I have to mix a special batch of my daily supp without BA for days that I use preā€™s with BA in them. I suppose I could just take the extra BA dose that day, and not bother.

1 Like

Do you take that in pill form or liquid? I mentioned this earlier and I think it was Black Ball Nutrition that used to offer BA pills for daily consumptionā€¦I only take it around workout but donā€™t mind the tingles.

1 Like

Found itā€¦they were called Black Betas

1 Like

Powder. Each week I pre-weigh and make a cocktail of supps for daily intake (2x/day). I either have it pre-mixed with gatorade (or similar) or I just dump it into my shake/smoothie.
I was getting Now Foods BA, but apparently their 1 kg size is no longer available on Amazonā€¦so Iā€™ll probably go with Bulk Supplements when I need to restock.

2 Likes