"Worst Of" Awards

I want to say that the formula has changed a few times since that review but I remember it. He said the amount of alpha yohimbe itself was crazy, not even counting all the other stims iirc. Which is why I will probably never take a full scoop. I will say that I’ve had some really great workouts half scooping ‘edge of heart attack’ and a pump / non stim pre!

Oh it’s absolutely changed.

But they’re still chasing that same experience and that’s not really what I look for in a pre-workout

Ironically I also enjoyed double scooping hooligan which people thought was insane

Double scoop?! Isn’t that 1,200 mg caffeine? That’s next level man

Ya first version that mike gave me a tub of had like 5 mg alpha y, with a ton of other stims.
I can handle Y fairly well, but even that was unpleasant.

For the days when you want to curl your deadlift

1 Like

with the infinergy it’s more

1 Like

Yeah, Dark Labs Crack is a perfect example of this

I can happily say I haven’t had a bad experience with the outright bars (yet)

1 Like

I like them ok but they are all pretty similar as they all have that peanut/almond base. I would be interested in seeing a version without all the added sugar from honey. That might be delicious

1 Like

I got an inside look at the operations for this product and it’s disgusting.

1 Like

Those are the natural sweetener used to congeal each bar… .He uses the maple syrup in the vegan bars (which taste just as good as the OG ones)
and there is a reason they are PB/AB Based… a whole food source which is the premise of the bar

Oats (Majority), Honey, MTS WPI, PB/AB
That is the backbone of the outright bar.

1 Like

Yeah, not sure exactly what it is that causes issues. I eat most of the main ingredients on a regular basis, except honey.

Hard to consider it a whole foods with the use of hydrogenated vegetable oils and high fructose corn syrup. But I get it, Mark cut corners where most people wouldn’t notice

The OG Bars were pretty straight forward with ingredients (OG Almond Choc Chip, PB Oatmeal Raisin, OG Chocolate Chip), but when you want to add things into S’mores and other flavors it will be next to impossible to keep them whole food based with extra’s. Especially with his plans of having 30+ flavors by the end of 2020. When they first came out in the white boxes they were literally 5-6 ingredients.

I would still buy outright bars as a whole-food-based bar (to an extent) over ever considering MRE Bars from Redcon1 but to each their own. I love the outright bars, they sit well, and I will continue to purchase and consume them. Plenty of variety and options out there for everyone. Not to mention Marc’s success in launching this product which has really taken the market by storm.

1 Like

I would hardly consider RC1 MRE bars a Whole Foods bar. May be made with animal protein (although the quality of that protein is tbd), its basically a regular protein bar made without much whey (it still has whey in it). I like RC1 and will continue to get MRE bars but they are not whole food bars by any stretch of the imagination imo.

The Almond Chocolate Chip I enjoy, one of his cleaner ones and the best tasting imo. The peanut butter all just taste very similar, since peanut butter is soo overpowering

I prefer the AB Bars, but he says they don’t sell very well compared to the PB Bars, so that is why the selection is very limited.

Whatever Panthergy was, the old Schizophrenic Psycho was vastly different than high-dosed yohimbine or any similar/related alkaloids IMO. IIRC there was some debate over if it (Panthergy) could even be what it was claimed to be, but I’m fuzzy on the details of it. But damn, was it strong! I still have a bottle and a half I think.

Honey isn’t a bad thing is you’re an active individual. The fats and protein will slow down the digestion, lowering the glycemic index. I wish people understood how this worked. I’d take these over any protein bar/whole food bar on the market just from a quality standpoint

Maybe it’s the fats and sugars combined giving your stomach the issues? Idk, I’m assuming you eat oats? Lol

1 Like

Yo, I’m not fanboying here or anything, but I stand by what I’m about to say…Marc does NOT cut corners…ever. I’ve conversed with him in person on multiple occasions. He wouldn’t risk his reputation.

3 Likes