Welcome to the PricePlow Forums!

Happy to be part of the PricePlow forum! Thanks for the add guys!

1 Like

Thanks for the add, PricePlow team! Iā€™d definitely like to stick around and converse. Love forums. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for adding me! Iā€™m looking forward to reading and posting on the aspects of home concocted supplements, along with supplements and their impact on blood pressure management (or lack there of :laughing:)

1 Like

Good to be part of this place. I struggle with being active on forums, but this would be the one that keeps me around. Plus @Mike Iā€™m absolutely loving the UI, especially when I can get a Dark theme on the first day.

This is going to be a great forum!

I couldnā€™t imagine the work that goes into starting a forum like this, but I think its going to be one of the best around! Salute to Mike and all involved!

Thanks! The forum is easy if youā€™re technical like me and good with serversā€¦ we didnā€™t write the software.

The challenge is getting it to fit snugly into the PricePlow ecosystem without breaking everything. That takes code and customization and architecture.

2 Likes

PricePlow Servers chugginā€™ away with the forum. :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

@Mike
Are you able to read through private conversations (or direct messages or whatever you call them here) between members of the community? I donā€™t see any commentary on that in the rules, faq, or privacy policy. I like the forum!

V/R
Twenty

1 Like

Technically speaking, yes, I could dig into the database (which is in a language I donā€™t understand) and get after it. Robert and CJ donā€™t have access to that stuff either, FYI.

Honestly I give zero shits and donā€™t have time to care unless law enforcement were to tell me to care.

But very good point and questions - it may be time to update the privacy policy, which was written pre-forums.

What do you think the rules should state though? Iā€™ll have to look at what other forums do and get the lawyers in, but disclosure is always key.

Thanks a ton.

2 Likes

I just sent myself a message I would consider inappropriate coming from another user and itā€™s showing up with the ability to flag/report it. That seems like a reasonable standard. Messages wonā€™t be read for any active users unless one of their messages is flagged as inappropriate by the recipient. This also allows review for harrassment/abuse if a user deletes their account.

I have no experience with these things though. Reach out to Tommy and see how they do it at SR

Might have to wait, Tommy is in Europe/Africafor another 2 weeks.

You can report messages though

Saw the flag notification when I got in and was wondering what you were up to! Seems to work well.

I could have elected to ban you and your IP pretty easily, which isnā€™t foolproof, but a good start. I like the moderation and flagging tools do far.

Cool. Hope it works great. When expansion comes please consider a Sports Training and Senior section for us old timers still at it!

1 Like

A few asked for a senior section in our poll last year. Would you want it under Training, or a Senior section all to its own for all kinds of things?

Itā€™s simple to create the area. I would just need someone to link to important articles and post questions in there so itā€™s not an empty flop.

1 Like

Probably a section unto itself. Info on training and shops for us old guys/athletes would be great

1 Like

Good info is hard to find

Iā€™m happy to do this, but until we hit some large number of users (into the thousands?), itā€™d probably just be you and maybe a few others.

Iā€™d be happy to post relevant links in there when I stumbled across stuff though

Great. Thanks

Are we thinking 65+, 55+, 40+, orā€¦? Also, we should call it ā€œMastersā€ instead of ā€œSeniorsā€ :smiley:

1 Like