Trying to decide which protein powder to buy

Hey guys!

I’m currently between four options of protein powders to buy.

N-Pro (ANS Performance)
Best Protein (BPI)
Whey Gold Standard (ON)
Elite Whey (Dymatize)

I do not care that much about the taste but I do care about safety and formula quality.

Which would you pick?

Thanks!

1 Like

You will get a variety of opinions on here, but:

PES Cookies and Cream is excellent
MTS Whey (I like the vanilla and PB Cookies and Cream)
Ghost Whey is hit or miss depending on who you hear from
NutraBio is top notch
ProJym has some good flavors (cue the groans in the crowd) but is more of a blend
Primeval Isolit

PricePlow has a Protein section of their site which will make recommendations as well.

2 Likes

The things is that in my country I can not get a wide variety of brands. I’m going to buy 8-10 lbs. And the options I mentioned are the only ones affordable for that size.

1 Like

Between the 4
I would say ON first, then dynamize, then BPI then N-pro.

ON and Dynamize are pure wheys.
BPI and N-pro are blends, which tend to have more filler.

ON is good for quality, they aren’t the bestest in the industry but they are still the gold standard.

3 Likes

I would go Dymatize Elite #1. I visit their R&D team in Dallas very frequently and they make a very quality protein.

ON: 2
ANS: 3
BPI: NEVER buy BPI protein. Never.

4 Likes

I’ll second Matt’s rankings. Dymatize Elite is normally cheaper too. I’ve never had N-Pro. And yeah, never buy BPI.

3 Likes

Great info guys, really appreciate it!

1 Like

I will also back Matt’s rankings.

1 Like

PES Cookies and Cream is excellent
MTS Whey (I like the vanilla and PB Cookies and Cream)
Ghost Whey is hit or miss depending on who you hear from
NutraBio is top notch
ProJym has some good flavors (cue the groans in the crowd) but is more of a blend
Primeval Isolit

He knows :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you don’t care about flavor or just plan on flavoring it yourself, go for the pure unflavored stuff: Now Sports Whey Protein Isolate - Unflavored is my go to. It’s pretty neutral flavor; so you can even chug it straight with water with no weird taste.
https://www.amazon.com/Sports-Whey-Protein-Isolate-5-Pound/dp/B0015AQL1Q/

If those are your only options go with @Matt_Towson rankings

2 Likes

I wouldn’t trust BPI with anything I put in my body. They under dose every formula they’ve ever made, so I sure as hell would never trust their “seal of approval” on their protein. Stay as far away from them as possible. Everything else is fine

3 Likes

I trust them enough to not outright lie, The formula in their “best protein” looked better then ANS’s since it leads with an isolate, vs them leading with an 80% concentrate, and it has slightly less filler(75% vs 70). It was fairly close between the two since the products are fairly similar.

I also had ANS confused with ANSI
ANS seems to have their stuff together more, so likely go with that over bpi.

My gut and digestive system disagree with their entire label.