True Nutrition custom protein powder?

A friend of mine just referred me to True Nutrition for made-to-order protein mixes and whatnot. Seems like they aren’t a bad deal, at least for protein…plus you can spike it with add-ons like flavors, sweeteners, and additional supplements. Anyone ever heard anything about them?

2018-01-11 13_28_27-True Nutrition

I stick with plain old unflavored whey isolate, which is a tad cheaper, and I can mix my own whatever into it. But this site is a cool concept if it’s legit.

Hmm…I’m digging a little more…looks like they have a whole bunch of reasonably priced stuff on their site. The Casein protein price is tough to beat.

Their pre-workout, Buzz Saw leaves a lot to be desired though…
2018-01-11 13_46_56-Buzz Saw 30 Servings - Top Selling Preworkout Formula

Their stuff is quality, but I remember buying some “naturally flavored” protein powder from them a few years back and it was the worst stuff I’ve ever tasted. I threw it out. Only time I’ve ever thrown out protein powder. This was a long time ago, though, back before people had really nailed natural flavors.

1 Like

|t’s good quality but the flavors are made with stevia and have a lingering aftertaste

1 Like

Stevia… ugh

True Nutrition has a good selection of plant protein. If you’re looking for a post workout protein, I would recommend Select Stack. You can add creatine, BCAAs and/or Carbs and both flavors (rocky road & cake batter) are excellent!

Dante knows his shit.

1 Like

I know Shelby loves this company for being 100% … yeah taste maybe be meh but i buy the custom blend with egg white & whey iso. oh its not much you can get 5% off if you use SHELBY

1 Like

I realize I’m new to this but I just spent a lot of time on this site this morning. This is outstanding. And really inexpensive.

1 Like

Just ordered some samples from them to try

2 Likes

Post your thoughts, please! : )

2 Likes

I absolutely will.

Currently looking at their:

• Competitive Overnight Formula (WPI/Micellar Casein Blend)
  • Competitive PostWorkout Formula (PeptoPro + HBCD) (May use IntraWorkout)
  • Custom Oatmeal Food mix

$24 a pound for a post-worokout formula? You are better off just using a EAA + HBCD mixture for intra-workout

Peptopro is super expensive and very hard to justify the cost
Hell the overnight formula at $15/lb is pretty steep compared to getting good Blends of WPI/Casein on the market for around $10 or less (Sparta, PES come to mind)

1 Like

Looking at it as an intra/post workout.

Interesting concept to be able to create your own.

And should mention that Customer Service responded to a question within an hour…

Do you train fasted? If you don’t why would you need peptopro + HBCD? There will be food digestion / overlapping into the post-workout period so the need to slam a HBCD/Peptopro shake post would be minimal. Even if you do train fasted the difference you would see with an EAA/BCAA + HBCD mixture compared to the peptopro would be negligible especially for the cost.

You could buy a few pounds and test the waters for yourself, but given the price you are much better off going a different route. My 2 cents for you, but your money to spend.

2 Likes

I do eat before I train, but find the ‘build your own’ concept interesting.

Which further explains my point
You won’t be blowing through all the glucose you just ate in the pre-workout meal, and food will be overlapping into the post-workout period. Therefore the need for something instant (like that mix) is minimal. Unless you were doing 2 a day’s, training to be an endurance athlete, or doing large amounts of volume in a fasted state.

2 Likes

All valid points. Unless I have money to blow, this doesn’t appeal to me. I’m still curious to hear feedback for all products. : )

1 Like

EDIT: ah I see I left this review a year ago

Oh yeah, I’m really late to the party on this.