Opinions on glucose disposal agents?

So true. Companies that promote GDAs as a hall pass for “cheat meals” are ridiculous. It is so important for people to understand that huge amounts of fat taken in conjunction with carbs and a GDA is such a horrible idea.

I remember ProSupps pushed iLoad in that way. They advertised it as a free pass to eat a massive greasy burger and fries, donuts and more.

Great for high carb meals with minimal fat - but if taken with a high fat meal, people shouldnt be surprised if they look fluffy the next day!

1 Like

Outbreak ADAPT review goes up tomorrow

Long story short, Rich Piana bars that made me go up 29 points instead make me go up 12. I am now officially interested!

5 Likes

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

1 Like

I know this isn’t the best review here, but I had to start somewhere. I really dig these products and want to get better at testing. Just so much to do that my diet has not been on point. I take at least one of these before eating stuff though, even if not tracking.

3 Likes

My wife and I just returned from Vegas - and I have Primalog from Primeval Labs. Not sure what this means but I used Primalog (required dosage is 7 pills, I took 3) prior to ‘big meals’ like for example pancakes for breakfast and can tell you that I did not feel bloated or overly full each time I used it. This is more of a side note than anything. I don’t have an issue with carbs but can feel lethargic at times with them…I like it.

2 Likes

Here’s the best “glucose disposal agent” I’ve used

3 Likes

Primalog works, but gives me the gnarliest gas. Still got an unopened bottle for sale.

1 Like

Berberine is underrated, that’s my opinion on GDAs

3 Likes

From my limited research, Green Tea Extract (specifically the EGCG polyphenol) has clinical studies on humans showing it can limit carbohydrate and even some fat absorption. I couldn’t find much beyond unsubstantiated hype for other supps (again, limited research on my part), but I find didn’t much detailed info out there for anything anyway. For example, CLA looked promising at first (on rats), but it actually got mixed results on humans, particularly those who were not “obese”.

2 Likes

I picked up some berberine. Trying it today. Holy crap, that stuff is crazy yellow (like sulfur), and will stain anything it touches. Also is the most bitter/toxic tasting substance ever :laughing:! 500 mg of that in my smoothie makes it almost undrinkable. If you try it, do yourself a favor and just get the capsules, not bulk powder.

As for the results…dunno…I’m so disgusted by the flavor that I had to post something right away, lol.!

I’m probably going to dump it (unless anyone here wants it??), and pick up some capsules.

2 Likes

Yum! I do love berberine.

I myself recently picked up some gs4 plus from now, along with a few other things.

If I were you I would just buy empty capsule and cap it yourself
But I would gladly take it off your hands :P, I can paypal you the shipping or buy you something off of amazon, which ever you would prefer.

We do have empty caps for filling. But this stuff is very messy, and accurately weighing caps when filling is a PITA.

I might take you up on that. I’m going to give it a week and see how it goes. I have 100 g of it (minus 1g per day I use it).

Unless its a very weight sensitive supplement(ie a stimulant) you can kind of just guess it, each capsule generally holds a max of like 750 mg of stuff, unless you really pack it.
(This does depend on the supplement of course, its a good idea to weight a few capsules to get an idea)

1 Like

Alright…good points! I might give it a shot. My wife knows how to pack those capsules; so I’ll see if she can help :smiley:

My preferred method is to just use the capsule as a scoop against the bag, get it filled up reasonably and then cap it.

1 Like

Another good underrated is 4-hydroxyisoleucine from Fenugreek.

2 Likes

most formulas make no sense really. i still wish someone post a product they think is good and let me explain the contradictions. most “gda” are now 30 servings with huge doses of insulin potentiators with completely unselective actions.
my maintenance calories to maintain around 10%bf were 3000 and i used to retain a lot of water, yet low carb is a disaster for me.
by using insulin mimetics, increasing insulin sensitivity of muscle cells, supressing glut-4 in fat and expressing it in muscle and making fat cells insulin resistent i ended up at a bodyfat percentage low enough to compete, basically there was nothing left, 2mm skinfolds max. thing is that i ate 5000 calories and 500g carbs per day and was losing bf consistently while gaining weight and strength. i manipulated my metabolism so i would need at least 100g carbs per meal and 1000 calories or i felt awful. mostly i would have a meal of 1500 calories, 150g carbs, then 1-2 hours later another one with 1000 calories, 100g carbs as i already felt stomach pain from hunger.
sometimes i trained full body 2 times per day as i had no patience to wait until the next day.

imagine these:
500mg agmatine
500mg berberine
300mg bergenin
300mg na-r-ala
350mg banaba (low corosolic acid as tannins are more relevant)

taken 2x per day

or:
450mg gynostemma (activamp)
55mg trans-tiliroside
600mg active cyanidin-3-glucoside (not some 20-35% extract)

in fact i would use the first one with the meal before my workout and my last meal and the second one in the morning. if anyone would use these for 3 months there will be significant metabolic changes that last a long time and have nothing to do with the acute efffects. (product one makes most people hypo unless they eat 150g+ carbs right away.)

Oh hey, quick update. We used my wife’s capper for the remaining berberine. Averaged 200 mg per cap and < 5% powder loss. Sooooooooo much better than having to taste that horrid stuff :laughing:.

1 Like