New Xtend Giveaway

Xtend Giveaway!!

What is your recovery routine?

Yoga, Extra Sleep, Hydration? What do you do to make sure you can get back in the gym the next day?

We wanna know!!!

Winner picked at the end of the week for a Xtend product of their choice!

Rules:
Must provide store and forum review within 10 days of receiving product
In Stock product only
Winner must be 18+ years of age
Winner must be from the US

1 Like

Currently I’m only training on weekends (upper, lower split).

So recovery is all about sleep and food for me right now. Eating large meals Friday and Saturday night so I’m ready for training the next morning.

2 Likes

Oooh, my favorite subject.

Imo, the singular most important factor for recovery is sufficient caloric intake. There was a time in my life where I was eating probably 8-10,000 calories per day. A dozen eggs and a pound and a half of ground beef per day plus as many carbs and fats as i could shovel in. I was training so hard that i genuinely lost bodyfat eating that way, we’re talking like sets of 20 squats with 65%-70% of your 1RM on the bar, coach wouldn’t let you rerack until you got 20, he didn’t give a shit if you stood there for an hour. Never once in that training block did i feel run down, torn up, ruined, etc. I was eating like a fucking monster to fuel that training.

Failing that (now, for example, I’m cutting weight), my #1 cure for soreness is a lot of lightweight movements of the affected area. Quads sore after leg day? Pump out 5x20 leg extensions with only 10-20 pounds on the stack. Totally alleviates soreness. Same for chest with flys, etc.

3 Likes

Get into a good sleep schedule – wind down, turn off lights, keep the music down.
Limit water intake closer to bed to prevent waking up and going to the bathroom. This way I can optimize my sleep
I work on 10-20 minutes of mobility work every night – rumble rolling, Epsom salt, and static stretching.
Prioritize stress management so I don’t get stressed out which can aid in recovery on a day-to-day basis.
Post-Workout I try to delay eating for 30-45 minutes to allow my body to get back into a parasympathetic state to improve digestion and enhance nutrient absorption.

These steps have helped my body recover and perform in an optimal state.

2 Likes

I limp around until the soreness goes away. Honestly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me it’s sleep and proper diet that help me recover the most.

2 Likes

What do you eat for recovery?

1 Like

Limping around isn’t going to help you long term, or short term.

Listen to your body. Recovery should be just as important as the training itself.

I usually try to make sure my protein intake is high and I’ve noticed that helps a lot

2 Likes

Yes it’s true. Essentially the limping comment was my attempt at comically saying I just deal with the soreness till it subsided— I don’t workout through it though, if you thought that was what I meant. @ 33, it’s way harder to do that.

2 Likes

I only limp around after leg day. I try to rest and drink a lot of fluids. I am really interested in trying something new for recovery since it’s a bit harder these days to stay consistent in the gym, so soreness just makes it even more difficult.

1 Like

You are in the company of quite a few people older than 33 young pup

2 Likes

Protein shake and P6 at bedtime

2 Likes

Good combination

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

I prioritize sleep so much more than I have in the past. It’s amazing how much different & better I feel getting 8+ hours per night vs. the 6 or so I had been getting in the past.

5 Likes

Hahaha. Yeah, I think my issue is really not takinh care of my body in the best way- not resting enough, not stretching enough, poor sleep.

Those things compounded on me in my young young pup days. So now I feel worse than I should. I remember not even taking a rest day back when I was 25– foolish habit.

1 Like

Must be tough keeping that up with the baby though. ???

1 Like

This is a little bit older of a picture, but we do have 3 boys all under the age of 6, so we’ve definitely got our hands full in our house.

3 Likes

In for support again, lots of good responses here. Hopefully I’ll be back in the gym by the next giveaway. I’ve went through many many tubs of this stuff, it really is great

3 Likes