New Supplement Thread -- Part 2

Discount code: Final Scoop does save you 15%, so that helps a little.

For an arginine nitrates and citrulline based non stim you will be hard to beat BFF Vasoblitz, PES High volume or Ghost pump at a cheaper price point IMO

3 Likes

A little steep is putting it mildly

I agree with BFF and Ghost Pump, not so much PES because that’s only 18 servings with 4g citrulline vs 20 servings with 8g citrulline from Apollon.

1 Like

When you factor in price though… High Volume is nearly half the price and under $30 at most retailers and you can tack on a coupon to make it even cheaper.
Just thinking from a cost per serving standpoint here.

Do we really need 8g L-Cit, Prob not. Same with kaged elite and 10g L-Cit. Overkill in essence.

Still to this day one of my favorite formulations. Love the simple, effective approach.
Got a cute little sample tub for spotting a meet in Pittsburgh recently since BFF was one of the sponsors

2 Likes

At the end of the day, and not to quote TJ here, but labels are just labels. If the formula works for you, it works for you. I don’t know why you would stop using a formula because ‘bruh, I need 6G of fermented L-Citruline that has been purified in the waters of Lake Minnetonka, and this only has 4’

1 Like

I know Shane from Stack3d has said he never wants to take a chance with an under-dosed/lower dose pre because if you have a bad workout, there’s no getting that back. The whole 1% better each day thing.

4, 6 or 8 grams of citrulline, who needs what? Only you know that answer. At least when it comes to Apollon, no product has ever let me down on the label vs performance.

Who says that 4-6g would lead to being underdosed with all clinical research showing the suggested and recommended dose?

I understand there may be some practical application outside of research and what is studied, but when we are presented with lots of data on L-Citrulline and showing 3-4g is clinical. There is a law of diminishing returns when we start to double the dose or go above that.

More is not always better, and as @Extrabeef even pointed out in the Kaged Elite breakdown that 10g is a law of diminishing returns. Does doubling what we study going to always produce better results? Not always. Just saying that for the label and cost and being unflavored it leaves me a lot to be desired considering you can get alternatives for almost half the price that yields a similar result with scientifically studied doses & transparent labels.

1 Like

To each their own.

Some people are happy with 4g while others prefer 6g or 8g and are willing to pay for it.

Great thing about the industry now is there’s something for everyone…from the 70 year old grandma who’s lifting to the 300 pound mass monster competing for world titles.

1 Like

4g, 6g, 8g, I don’t care. Still ain’t paying 60 plus dollars for 20 servings of a pump formula

4 Likes

That’s cool.

No one is forcing you to buy it. Only Apollon will know if the gamble was worth it.

Will try tomorrow

3 Likes

Ghost Update:

2:00 - Hint of Nutter Butter Whey Restock
3:15 - A look at the Nashville, TN Warehouse (3x Size of Vegas)
6:30 - Glow V2 Orange (Tang) Beta-Test
7:15 - Greens Green Apple Beta-Test (Possible Seasonal Flavor)
11:00 - Apparel of The Month - Hockey - Hoodies, Beanies, Crew Necks,
12:20 - SOTM Hockey Stainless Steel Black.
12:45 - Apparel of The Month - Hockey - Bomber Jackets
13:15 - Stickers Patch Pack.
14:00 - Ghost Burn Black Launch Today – Warhead Sour Black Cherry & Welch’s Grape

2 Likes

Releasing on the 26th

Coming soon

2 Likes

Definitely need to try this flavor!

Walmart

4 Likes

I’ve been excited about that flavor of Smart Energy for a while now.

2 Likes

Blue raz smart enery is dynamite. Sad electric sour is going away.

5 Likes