New Study on "DMHA Supplements" Published by Pieter Cohen... not much DMHA found!

The biggest takeaway here isn’t that the suppliers suck.

It’s that none of these supplement companies are actually complying with CGMP.

(iv) Each lot of raw material
shall undergo at least one test by the manufacturer to verify its
identity. Such tests may include any appropriate test with sufficient
specificity to determine identity, including chemical and laboratory
tests, gross organoleptic analysis, microscopic identification, or
analysis of constituent markers.’’ (60 FR 5700 at 5705).

§ 111.260 What must the batch record include?
The batch production record must include the following:

(i) Documentation that the finished dietary supplement meets specifications established in accordance with § 111.70(e) and (g);

§ 111.70 What specifications must you establish?

(e) For each dietary supplement that you manufacture you must establish product specifications for the identity, purity, strength, and composition of the finished batch of the dietary supplement, and for limits on those types of contamination that may adulterate, or that may lead to adulteration of, the finished batch of the dietary supplement to ensure the quality of the dietary supplement.

Links for the unbelievers

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-1997-02-06/html/97-3014.htm

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=111.260

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?CFRPart=111&showFR=1

Good to have you here!

I’m very curious about Sparta Kraken. Any chance we can get some lab results somewhere for that one? To me, it does not have 1,3 just based off the feeling of the product. Example being, I am unable to do cardio with products that have 1,3 in it (examples, Meso, Jack’d Up, Dust Extreme, etc). Blood pressure gets way too high, causing tension in my neck/shoulders, and headaches. I also tend to get more winded than just a large amount of caffeine causes. Kraken and Gameday do NOT cause this to happen. Instead, I get cold chills when doing intensive actions (such as aggressive rowing and sprinting). Gameday causes a lesser effect, but its still there. I stopped using Gameday due to some stomach upset each time I would use it.

All around, I’m very disappointed but not surprised that this has happened. Thanks to PricePlow for helping get this information out there.

2 Likes

Robert and CJ just made this video:

2 Likes

This is a huge issue, had to share this on the SR facebook page before I even watched it lol

4 Likes

Two things came to mind after that latest video. First, is there any indication as to how widespread the problem is? Only 6 products were tested, and there’s clearly many more out there claiming to contain DMHA.

More concerning (to me) is the fact that they tested 2 separate products from 2 of the companies. Each from Goldstar and C&P contained something different. That means they must have 2 different sources of DMHA. You’d think if a company had DMHA on hand for a preworkout, they’d just throw the same stuff into the fat burner. Obviously it could be something else, like different batches or something, but still seems odd to me.

Well For reference, our dose of octodrine is way lower than what the current popular DMHA products contain . Look at the table for the mg dosing of octodrine(per serving) versus products like kraken, which have much higher DMHA content.

Our serving size is 1 scoop, wit 300mg caffeine. So it’s not a double scoop product (in case you were wondering)

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words

The cold chills feeling can be induced from yohimbine, which Gameday does contain. However, as you noticed, the product contains an extremely small dose of yohimbine.

Unfortunately, glycerol powder can give some people upset stomach/ nausea. I’ve had that occur to me a few times randomly, but I usually tolerate it well 99% of the time.

But thank you for using our product and giving us support!
Let me know if there’s ever anything I can assist you with

2 Likes

Indeed, I’ve felt yohimbine chills before, though in this case, Kraken does not have any Y, and I get stronger chills than with GameDay. I honestly think it is the DMHA.

I feel like I need to pick up another tub of GameDay out of support of your label honesty. When dealing with stimulants, thats the most important thing. Hope this one does better with my stomach :smiley:

Couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

I know what my tolerance limits are, and how much is too much for things like cardio. But if I can’t trust the label, all of that goes out the window.

Exactly. It’s like restaurants/coffee shops that don’t bother actually using artificial sweetener if you ask for it–if the person’s diabetic, a full-sugar large mocha could seriously harm them.

Same with stimulants. My wife’s meds don’t interact well with stimulants, she can handle about 100-150mg of caffeine at a time and that’s it. If she took more than that, or that much PLUS other exotic stuff, it could really damage her heart.

People have a right to know exactly what they’re putting in their bodies.

I ran Gameday myself a while back and loved it. Like PricePlow, I had to send Steve a message thanking him for not screwing with my supplements lol

Very interesting.

1 Like

Shocker. :roll_eyes:

Not really. But good job MAN.

1 Like

@DAMON

THANK YOU for actually including the ingredients in your pre workout that are listed on the tub, unlike these other schmucky companies!!!

1 Like

A novel concept indeed :wink:

1 Like