Never used Wrist Wraps... Need help!

My favorite supp storefront sells them for $20. I was looking at those too. At this point i’m giving everything a fair look.

The ones you can get at Wal-Mart for less than $10 will work just as good as paying $40 or more for some brands that I have seen.

feel free to post a link

Here you go…
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=wrist%20wraps

But which ones do you / did you use?

I haven’t used wraps in a long time. I never really had the need to. Luckily my wrists have been pretty good. I used some off brand I got at Wal-Mart years ago. They worked just fine. Probably don’t even make them anymore. Not sure if they are even in my weight lifting bag anymore…LOL

The gist of it is that it’s supportive gear. It’s not like a belt, which can put 30% on your squat and can be quite expensive, where you want to be SURE you’re getting a quality product before you commit with cash. It’s just some wraps.

All wraps are gonna be some strips of elastic covered in fabric of varying thickness and stiffness. You’re probably not a nationals-level PLer, so stuff like Mark Bell’s Gangsta Wraps are wholly unnecessary. And you said that you just want some support, not an utter lockdown of the joint, so you know what length you need.

Worry about what belt is right for you before you commit $160, worry about whether oly shoes are right for you before you drop $200 on a pair of Positions, don’t sweat so much over which $10 pair of Whoever-brand is better than the others.

1 Like

I agree. But because this is a new area for me… i’m grateful to be apart of this kind of venue to pick brains. I have a belt and never wear it because I managed to get my core strength in order for the amount of weight I get off the floor. I definitely don’t have oly shoes because I’ll never hit the kind of weight that warrants it.

I’m not bad in the weight room for my build and I want to push my limits where I can.

No problem at all my friend. This is what this site is all about…Helping each other out, sharing information, learning, and having fun! Just to warn you, I am old school. I am 47, been at this iron game for quite awhile. I have seen a lot of things come and go with diets, training methods, supplements, etc. So I call it like I see it. I try and save people money, give them advice on what works and what is proven, not fads, hype, and BS. I don’t fall for gimmicks out there that are being pushed on people. I still learn everyday too. It’s a lifestyle and we always strive to be our best.

1 Like

That’s fair, I wasn’t trying to scold or anything, just saying.

When I was younger, I asked a powerlifting community I was a part of if they had any recommendations for elbow sleeves, because my joints suck and nag during volume work. One guy just went “uh, none of them are legal in comp, and you’re just buying them to keep your ligaments warm, so literally any will work?”

Was a mindset I hadn’t considered at the time, and I think it applies here as well.

1 Like

Speaking of elbow sleeves. I really do like my copper fit elbow sleeve that Brett Favre endorses. It actually helps my tendonitis and golfer’s elbow I have.

1 Like

I have some from spud Inc.
Did a review on them. https://supplementreviews.com/spud-inc/spud-inc-heavy-wrist-wraps-80cm

Stiff but not crazy stiff.

They seem to help my pain in my forearm when going heavy.