Multivitamin: Prove me wrong

I like GoL myKind organics. An actually whole food vitamin. You can actually put one flax seed in a multi and call it “whole food”. They used to put exactly what source the vitamin was from next to it on the label, now they just say it’s from their blend however. It’s actually chewable if you can stand the taste.

I tried Vitapro from Proccor. Awful flavor and made my throat hurt, possibly from the enzymes? Same reason fresh pineapple hurts your mouth?

They refunded it no questions asked though, do great customer service.

1 Like

Doubt it, it’s bromelain which causes that from pineapples, and I don’t see it in the Vitapro label, unless I’m missing it

My guess was that it was pepsin and not enough acid… but no pepsin on that label.

https://www.proccor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Multi-Supp-Facts-Corrected-02-1024x1024.png

And I’m sure you’re used to Bioperine

Ever get a food sensitivity test? I bet you if you get one with pineapple, you’ll score at least a ‘1’ with it:

https://foodallergy.com/tests/available-tests/

^^ Say what you will, this shit is for real

I would have guessed the protease, which breaks down protein, and might have been doing that to you his mouth.

Another thing, I prefer my MV to not have calcium. I won’t even consider it if it’s calcium carbonate.

It’s a bonus if they have magnesium citrate as well, or any other magnesium with a high bioavailability.

Only capsules, no tablets. We’re looking at making it a drinkable powdered version for international use

1 Like

USPlabs has a good one. Really like the angle they took. I believe it doesn’t have calcium.

No calcium or iron in Vitamere Pro:
Iron
lack of evidence showing a need for iron supplementation in resistance training men and the potential for increased risk of certain diseases with excessive iron intake
Calcium
there has recently been some controversy in the scientific community as to whether or not supplemental calcium is a proper choice for everyone…

From what I remember, it’s linked to kidney stones and heart disease. I get plenty of calcium in my diet, so I see no need to take it in a supplement as it is.

I refuse to get a kidney stone…

Just like with anything more is not always better
Yet you see consumers messing with overdosing ingredients and products wishing for mircacles or hoping to see accelerates progress. Most times it may lead you to taking steps backwards

Very good reasoning and write up on vitamere pro and I like how they set up that multi. Jacob lit a lot of time into it before releasing it. USP is reformulating their GDA and they have more flavors of modern whey in the works. Plus the relaunch of max reps (non stim)

1 Like