Keto Rash! Oh lawd!

So I got this killer rash that’s going everywhere. I feel like price plow faithful would have tried something and fixed this. Any solutions ?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2YeK0RKLbrE

Never experienced it myself, but if I recall, it might be an electrolyte deficiency. Order some Ultima :smiley:
https://www.amazon.com/Ultima-Replenisher-Electrolyte-Hydration-Watermelon/dp/B07ZL35661

EDIT: I stand corrected :stuck_out_tongue:

@Mike is the man here for this

Oh dear yes. I had it the second time I went deep keto. Some people get hit with this but most don’t.

For me, it was really bad during workouts when sweating, which led me to believe it was ACETONE getting upregulated too much and excreted.

My two topical solutions were to use Gold Bond (medicated of course, the green can!) as a “dry” fix, and some Tea Tree Wipes as a “wet” fix. There may be other things out there, but that’s what worked for me until it ran its course.

Long-term, it will subside. Purge that nastiness out. But if you can’t handle it, cycle in at least a little bit of carb and take the slower path to keto.

I actually wrote an article about this a while ago and was going to move it to my personal site since it’s not really supplement-related and that’s the focus of PricePlow at this point.

1 Like

This isn’t an April Fools thing?

1 Like

I like the diet stuff, I would include it in the priceplow blog as well.

2 Likes

Let me get a read. Link?

How long did it last? This stuff is all over my face now. This is so not sexy :joy:

Couldn’t ask for a better time to get it, then lol

1 Like

It’s just your body telling you that Keto diet is garbage

3 Likes

SHOTS FIRED!

(extra text because the forum won’t let you just post “shots fired” as an entire reply)

This is true Chad

1 Like

What ended up working for you? Did it go away? I’ve recently done two 60hr fasts and both times this rash has come on strong at about the 48hr mark. It’s baaaad, and itchy.

Hi @Chelsea_KE… what worked? I don’t really know. I kind of just stopped doing keto. The itch went away, but it seems like the marks, though faded, remained. I did a 72 hour fast recently and did not get any symptoms of the rash. I think you and I are different in that regard. I feel like the extreme drop in carbs and the up in fat do it for me. So when I do fasting alone, nothing happens.

May I ask what your goal is with Keto?

I’m actually not strict Keto. I try to do general low carb/high fat, and then do intermittent fasting and occasional extended fasts. Main goals are weight loss, insulin control (I’m not diabetic but blood glucose had been ticking in the wrong direction for a while) and health/longevity through autophagy.

I had only fairly recently started to lower my carbs when I started extended fasting. So I think it has been a pretty big shock to my body to switch over to a state of ketosis during fasts.

1 Like

I’m still keto, 3 years now. I don’t even think about it; it just works for me. But since I’m permanently working from home, I can’t distract myself enough to do extended fasts; so I just do 16hr IF daily.

1 Like

Over a year later, and this is still funny. Hahah. It really was the best time to get it.

3 Likes