January is World CARNIVORE Month

Originally published at: https://blog.priceplow.com/carnivore-diet/world-carnivore-month

January is World Carnivore Month! Are you going Carnivore anytime this year? The start of January not only coincides with everyone’s favorite New Year’s resolution (losing weight), but also with World Carnivore Month. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. The Carnivore Diet (aka the Zero Carb Diet) has been getting more attention… …(Read more on the PricePlow Blog)

1 Like

Not sure why everyone needs a month a day or a hashtag…

1 Like

I tried the Carnivore diet for about 3 weeks in October 2018. It was a lot of fun eating nothing but meat, but was too taxing on my insides. I had to start taking digestive enzymes separately and even then I would have severe stomach pains after each meal, so I said F it!! Be careful on this one, kind of like Keto, people do not truly understand that the high fat will not treat their bodies well long term.

Hashtag EatrightDONTfadDIET

At least what I’m hearing form anecdotes, it can take 6-8 weeks before the GI issues taper off on carnivore.

I ain’t touching this one :laughing:

1 Like

There’s a few reasons I’m interested in this:

1. I see a lot of vegans who look like they’re literally dying, and then they (for whatever reason) swing to the FAR OPPOSITE END of the spectrum, run the Carnivore diet, and look 1000x better.

I’m both fascinated by the effects and wondering why people only live on extremes

2. Jill has always said I look better when I eat more beef. Like in 2014. In the context of a full-blown keto diet, where you need to manage your protein wisely, I think its best to get as much of the good stuff as possible.

But in a more “real-world” situation, I think alternating between super high protein and longer fasts / “true keto” is a realistic place to land. Intermittent feasting.

3. The amount of beef my one year old daughter can put down is mind-boggling. She was undersized until she started eating real food, and that means MEAT.

It made me realize I needed to eat more, and it also makes me think that parents forcing their kids on vegan diets or even low-meat diets (oftentimes due to propaganda) is effectively child abuse.

You got these poor kids eating crap from plastic tubes now, and that’s acceptable, but giving my daughter homemade beef/salmon patties is not? I will never accept that.

4. America’s meat consumption has declined with the increase of metabolic disease. Yeah yeah yeah, “correlation and causation”, but we have listened to the nutritional guidelines and they’ve failed us spectacularly. Countries like India with very little meat consumption are living diabetic nightmares.

A non-prioritization of quality protein is one of several issues, but I suspect it’s a very major one.

What’s discouraging to me is the cost of buying quality steak. My 73/27 burger meat is not as beneficial as a ribeye or T-bone. I know it, you know it, we all know it.

So now we gotta get savvy if we want to do it right. Long story short you’ll be hard-pressed to get me away from my peppers and garlic, but this has convinced me to up the beef consumption a lot and I feel great when I consistently do it.

1 Like