Is CBD Oil a Legal Supplement?

Interesting conversation going on over on Stack3d’s Facebook after Tim Muriello is making green frog CBD recovery candies:

https://www.facebook.com/Stack3d/posts/1537073739744197?comment_tracking={"tn"%3A"O"}

Looks like Rick Collins will have something interesting soon. It seems to depend on what the feds consider marijuana to really be

Interested to see where this goes. Never been a fan of THC for personal reasons, but the CBD extract is something I’ve been taking a closer look at. There are other CBD candies out there, legal to buy/ship anywhere as far as I can tell…

Definitely following this one.

Yeah I don’t think CBD is restricted. I know I saw CBD oils in a health food store in Indiana. Never looked anywhere else.

I’m not too positive, but I believe the difference would lie in whether the extract contains or does not contain psychoactives.

Yeah, be careful. Most places that sell CBD oil are just selling hemp seed oil with a CBD label on it. Still illegal or heavily regulated in many states. For example, in my state of Texas, this article published last month indicates…

Allowed to grow, process and distribute their CBD-rich oils under the Texas Compassionate Use Act, three dispensaries have already been licensed to operate in the state, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) website:

“The bill required DPS create a secure registry of physicians who treat epilepsy for the purpose of prescribing low-THC cannabis to patients who have been diagnosed with intractable epilepsy. In addition, the bill required DPS to license at least three dispensing organizations by Sept. 1, 2017, should they meet the requirements. The license authorizes the organizations to cultivate, process and dispense low-THC cannabis to prescribed patients.”

Yet smoke shops and whatnot have “CBD oil” all over their shelves.