FORUM GIVEAWAY 1: To the Early Adopters!

Hey everyone! You are the early adopters who are here before the forums are publicly open, so you deserve some prizes.

How to get entered (be active!)

The system keeps track of user activity, so we’re awarding prizes to active users who post and get badges.

So go find some old blog posts to comment on, start new threads, quote others, hit the like/thumbs up button, post cool links in the Watercooler, etc.

The prizes (this list will be updated)

* From PricePlow:

1. $50 Amazon gift card
  2. $25 Suppz gift card
  3. Rich Piana’s 5150 Pre Workout (tub may be opened, lol)
  4. PricePlow T-Shirt (3 total)
  5. NutraBio Muscle Matrix early vanilla flavor before they made it better (opened tub, 2 scoops gone).

* From Best Price Nutrition

1. Two Bottles of Allmax Nutrition Impact Igniter
  2. Two bottles of ALRI Viper Hyperdrive

From Suppz

1. One of each flavor of the new NutraCharge Charged Aminos

From @CJ

1. CJ’s periodized workout plan

More prizes are coming - this will be updated over the course of the week.

We’re sticking with promotions from stores so we don’t get too many brand reps in just yet, need to keep a fair balance!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Contest Ends November 8, 2017 at 11:59PM

13 Likes

Shouldn’t contest end date perhaps be November 8th? :wink:

Definitely generous offerings! This forum is pretty cool so far compared to some other bare bone basic ones I’ve been on/currently on.

1 Like

LOL fixed. Thanks man!

We’ll see where things go, but I have no problem with it being small for now. I just hope people don’t mind me responding to half the comments out there!

2 Likes

No problemo!

Everything has to start somewhere though. In time this will get bigger, perhaps even right alongside the YouTube channel which I think is getting better by the week (camera work, editing, etc). I think it’s definitely cool that you’re in here responding a lot too, Mike. It’s always nice to see some personality behind a business. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know how to win, but I hope I win something haha. Generous giveaways. Especially all those giveaways you dropped in one day awhile back, that was insane!

1 Like

Love it! You guys are always thinking and keeping it interactive.

Awesome promo! Will definitely try to jump on the early adopters train while I can! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Badges??? We don’t need no stinkin badges!!

Oh wait, we do if we want to win. Sigh*
Disregard what I said above. That was just celery rage.

1 Like

Any chance of a PP forum app being launched?

1 Like

perhaps even right alongside the YouTube channel which I think is getting better by the week (camera work, editing, etc)

Yeah YouTube is a crazy beast. Unless you’re a mega celebrity, you really need to beat the hell out of it. Good thing CJ’s great at beating the hell outta things!! :meat_on_bone: :smiley:

My plan for this week is to code up some automation so that YouTube videos get auto-posted in the forum, then we drop a forum link into the video’s description too, in case people want to talk about it here instead of in Google’s TrollHaven.

But first we’re making it so that the site’s main deals page has deals that show up in the deals category. People can turn notifications on in that forum to get deal notifications since we don’t have an app with notifications yet.

It’s always nice to see some personality behind a business.

It’s totally true. Marc Lobliner gives a great speech about how in the 50s through the 80s or so, people would only trust the big faceless corporation. If it wasn’t Sears you didn’t trust it.

Now, it’s the complete opposite, for consumer products at least. More and more people like to see who’s behind it, why, and sometimes even what that person stands for.

I can deal with that, but over the 10(!!) years I’ve been working this site, I’ve changed a ton and have become a lot more private. So I gotta let a bit of that go myself, but that’s also why we have a CJ on our side!

6 Likes

My plan for this week is to code up some automation so that YouTube videos get auto-posted in the forum, then we drop a forum link into the video’s description too, in case people want to talk about it here instead of in Google’s TrollHaven.

I like the sound of this, and…

But first we’re making it so that the site’s main deals page has deals that show up in the deals category. People can turn notifications on in that forum to get deal notifications since we don’t have an app with notifications yet.

this! Very cool.

IMO, all of you on the PricePlow team have been doing a good job getting yourselves out there. CJ and Robert have been killing it with the reviews lately especially. :smiley:

1 Like

excellent forum guys. designed very well. Just an idea to create a forum tab on the price plow web site where we can log in. I didn’t see one there, only the blog?

1 Like

Yeah that’s coming. The forum isn’t 100% open yet.

My first concern was to get the old blog comments re-integrated into the blog. It was a bad idea to simply remove all that content without having a replacement soon enough.

So to do that, I needed to get this up, even if in private mode. Then work out the details, automation, and marketing side of everything else.

Once we’re 100% open to the public and automated with Deals and YouTubes, we’ll have more links around town.

4 Likes

excellent …

First got hooked in by the youtube channel. Now I’m always on here as well checking out the deals and Blog. Love all the content brother keep it up!

1 Like

Registered and ready to go!
I’m excited for these forums. After a few years on bodybuilding.com, although I still enjoy my time there, it’s going to be nice seeing less/no shilling or censorship in the form of being a company representative and being unable to tell the truth at times, about competing/inferior products.

Thanks!! This is what makes all that work by @CJ worth it! The honest truth is that YouTube has been “negative ROI” from a financial standpoint (although it’s fun as hell)… until one day it won’t be! Long-term gains will be worth it. And again, it’s fun. Today’s video was one of the best ever.

This is something we’ll obviously need to stay on top of. I’ve avoided going out of my way to invite many brands just yet - it’s been more about the users and the stores.

But eventually the reps will come in force, so we’ll need to figure a good system out.

I touch on it in the Mission Statement. It’ll come down to balance.

BBcom is amazing, but they’re owned by a corporation who doesn’t want to take crazy risks. They also don’t like people talking about products not sold there (this may have changed a bit recently). We’re more neutral – there’s almost no brand we can’t list here, we just gotta find a store to get em listed at, even if it’s Amazon/Walmart/Jet/eBay.

We also don’t hold inventory, so we can focus more on content and tech and less on physical goods. There won’t be any idiots selling prescription drugs out of our warehouse because… we don’t have a warehouse!

4 Likes

Awesome forum guys, a bit different than most! I’m still trying to get familiar with the setup! Looking forward to being part of the forum! Thanks for the invite!

2 Likes

Good to be on the forum! Hope there’s an app underway!

1 Like

I agree with @TheMovement, even if it’s a basic app. That would be great. Are there any restrictions to just supplements? Or can there be discussions on “banned” DMAA, Prohormones, Steroids, Training Programs, Peptides, etc?

1 Like