DMAA Supplements BANNED: FDA Wins 11th Circuit Appeal

Originally published at: DMAA Status: Done. Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals’ Appeal Has Ended

BREAKING (August 30, 2019): The United States 11th Circuit Court of Appeals has upheld the district court ruling, stating the following: DMAA is not an “herb or other botanical.” It is not a “constituent” of an herb or other botanical. And it is not generally recognized by qualified experts, as… …(Read more on the PricePlow Blog)

Fuck

1 Like

TBH, with all the great pre workout supps on the market, I can’t remember what DMAA feels like.

1 Like

I just remember the tension headaches, lol. I just hope this doesn’t initiate a downward spiral of banning other supps.

2 Likes

It’s pretty good. Have a mostly full tub of God of Rage, guess it’s now for special occasions.

1 Like

I thought it was good stuff. Never had any problems with it and generally got the expected results as long as I was getting a name-brand product.

What were the “expected results” you were anticipating with this ingredient?

I would retry the case arguing that the 1% dmaa germanium extract is a valid supplement, and work from there.

2 Likes

Damn. I’ll finish my stash but it is clumpy now.

Plain and simple IMO: If it can be shown to be found in geranium by a credible third party lab then this should be enough to justify it in the eyes of the DSHEA. A silver lining to the whole drama is that the compound has not been added to the CSA, controlled substance act, so it will be legal for individuals to order from oversees without taking any legal risk. I do applaud Jared Wheat for sticking to his guns and not giving up.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Mike. for the update. What about DMHA or /p-Oxydrene (p-Synephrine)?

They’re watchlist, but not outrightly banned I do believe

Synephrine ain’t on no watch list!

DMHA is not a dietary ingredient :slight_smile: I trust ONE manufacturer still has it and as such will not be backing any products claiming it

My bad, I was probably thinking about the isopropylnorsynephrine version. I think that one has some controversy

definitely some

GNC doesn’t allow synephrine, but that’s all I can think of