DF -- C4 Energy Starburst Flavor Pack Review

Thank you to @TeamCellucor @Cellucor @stad0203 for getting these in my hands.

First off, coming from a printing and design background, I appreciate the artwork and materials used for the box and inserts that were included. Most people don’t pay attention to these details but knowing all that is involved with designing, printing and finishing a piece like this, I had to take a moment to applaud C4 for this work. The design and finish on the cans is also superb. All around wonderful presentation.

First flavor I tried was Cherry:

First thing you will notice if you pour the contents into a glass is the liquid is crystal clear. Nothing floating around or any type of cloudiness to the liquid. Carbonation level is perfect for me. I’ve had some drinks with too much carbonation and some with too little but this version is great.

As for the flavor, the cherry base is a little weak for me. I would like that to be pumped up a little bit to get a more distinct cherry on the front end. The back end and after taste is a great reminder of the experience in chewing a piece of Starburst candy. Very well done on that aspect. Could it be stronger? Well yes, of course but that may be difficult or effect other aspects of the drink and experience.

Rating: 9/10 – Increase the cherry flavor on the front end and this would be a 10 for me.

3 Likes

Thanks man!! Love your detail!

1 Like

Looking forward to your thoughts on the others
Love the detail

2 Likes

Orange will be coming up next.

2 Likes

Sorry to barge in here, but I had the cherry as well this weekend. (great minds and all). What I appreciate about C4 Energy is that the ‘energy’ is subtle…it doesn’t smack you in the face, but you do feel better. The cherry flavor was fine, not over the top, more of a back-end flavor.
One thing to note here is that personally, I’m a huge fan of SmartEnergy…it’s just a different animal.

3 Likes

Full disclosure up front: I do not like orange flavored things (drinks, supplements, candy etc.), so take this review with that in mind.

The orange flavor up front is much stronger than the cherry flavor was in the first can I tried. While this does not necessarily appeal to me because I don’t like orange flavored things, for those who do like orange, this will likely be a nice experience. This flavor also had the same strength of the candy flavor on the back-end as the cherry flavor did. The consistency of the Starburst effect at the end is impressive.

Rating: 7/10 – A lower rating mainly because of my dislike of orange flavored stuff. I you like orange, this would be a great purchase for you. I can’t compare it much to other orange flavored energy drinks because I do not purchase them. This was still drinkable for me but I wouldn’t purchase this flavor from the store.

2 Likes

Every flavor isn’t for everyone
I know several people that each like a different flavor of the C4 Starburst best.

Can’t wait to hear your thought on the other 2

2 Likes

Orange you glad you tried Cherry first? I’ll let myself out now
I’m an orange fan - looking forward to trying this one out.

4 Likes

Completely agree. That’s why I included the caveat in the beginning, otherwise readers would have no idea why I gave it a lower rating.

I’d expect nothing less from you Bill :rofl:

For those who like orange, I think you’ll be happy with it. I mean, I drank the entire can and I’m not even of fan of the flavor #sacrifices LOL

1 Like

I need to finish up my review of all the Starburst cans…Only had cherry thus far.

3 Likes

Will be outta state this weekend, so gonna give these a try when I’m back. Can’t wait to share my thoughts too, especially with some of the reviews thus far

3 Likes

The strawberry is really excited to get out of the can :joy:

2 Likes

It’s mad you didn’t try it first! Strawberry has been my favorite.

2 Likes

Gonna punch me in the face

1 Like

Robert and Sandy Starburst review: C4 Energy Starburst Candy Review + Live Q&A (10/13/31) - YouTube

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this !

1 Like

@stad0203 @burntreality

You guys having inventory issues? Ordered 4 cases of Smart Energy on the 9th and it hasn’t shipped.

Shoot one of us the order number via PM and we will look into it
Or send it to bfoster@cellucor.com

We have been moving inventory around from distribution center to distribution center. The couple others that reached out this week got tracking numbers from support@c4energy.com. I had an order with a similar delay even.