DaSlaya Reviews KSM-66 by NutraBIo

Ashwagandha KSM-66 - NutraBio

Why I chose this
I had heard real good things about KSM-66 providing relief for stress management. When NutraBio launched this product earlier this year, I was retiring from the Army, planning a move across the country, and trying to find a new career so needless to say I was in need of some stress relief any way I could get it.

Ingredients
Very simple and no nonsense as you would expect from NB. Each veggie capsule gets you 600mg of KSM-66 Ashwagandha.

For those unfamiliar with Ashwagandha here is the description from Examine.com “Ashwagandha has been called the king of Ayurvedic herbs. Limited research suggests that it works well for reducing stress and anxiety. It may also modestly enhance strength performance, improve glucose metabolism, and increase testosterone levels, but more research is needed to confirm this.”

Examine.com also recommends taking 300-500mg of a root extract with breakfast if taken all at once. It is unknown if higher dosages help, but NB hits the mark nicely here regardless without going overkill.

Source: Ashwagandha — Health Benefits, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

Dosing
The directions state to take 1-2 capsules daily in between meals. I took 1 capsule with breakfast daily, only because that is the time I take my pills in the morning. I did not mess with dosing anymore than this for this run. Pills are in vegetable capsule form, small, and very easy to swallow.

Results
I honestly did not know what to expect here and truly did not expect much more than maybe a placebo effect. Within 4-5 days of taking this daily, I did notice that I was feeling much calmer overall. A week or so in I had a buddy even make a comment to me that I was acting much calmer than usual. So I enjoyed taking this each day and thought that it was working. I then had a gap of a week or so when I drove across the country where I was not taking this at all, and yep I could feel all the anxiety come right back. This was not a placebo effect for me, and it truly made a difference for me.

Will this work for everyone? I doubt it. I think a product like this taken in a daily routine works well for those like me with high levels of stress and anxiety. Then you will notice a difference, if you are one of those calm people at all times, then you probably will not notice much.

I was very glad I tried this and am going to keep some form of Ashwagandha in my daily regimen from here on out, because I enjoy anything that can calm me down a little bit. (Retiring from the Army sure helped too)

Price
You can get a bottle of 90 capsules for $29.99 from Nutrabio, Amazon, Natural Body Inc, or Bodybuilding.com. I only needed to take 1 pill a day to notice a difference so that is about 33 cents a day (excluding shipping). A great deal if you ask me.

Final Thoughts
I am glad NutraBio came out with this to put this ingredient on my radar. I am going to experiment around and try different versions out there just for testing/curiosity purposes, but another great product from a great company. In the future I also plan to try out higher dosages and see if there is a differnce as well. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

1 Like

Great review!

I was shocked when I actually felt KSM-66. I’m not a huge supplement believer, but KSM-66 blew my mind. Calmed me right down, keeps me relaxed, etc etc. My fiance is generally anxious/OCD about things and it even keeps that mostly at bay for her. Insane.

1 Like

Thank you. Yeah I was honestly amazed, and found it hard to believe how well it worked. I have been without it for a week or so now, and can feel a huge difference. Time to go pick up more!

I take PES Tru-Multi which contains KSM-66. I’m a fan.

1 Like

Your thoughts mirror mine which is crazy to me.

I can 100% tell when I haven’t had KSM-66 and when I do. It’s really become a staple for me.

The one time I found I don’t like it is pre-workout. It honestly calms me down so much that gym aggression tanks lol. I didn’t mind it so much intra-workout as I’ve had it from Nutrabio Alpha EAA, but that was only 300mg. At 600mg pre-workout it’s a no-go from me.

1 Like

PES Multi is a total of 600 MG (3 capsules). I take 2 in the afternoon and 1 before bed. Works well.

1 Like

That sounds like a good dosing schedule!

I have a 600mg standalone, single pill KSM-66 from Nutricost that I just take before bed which seems to work well. I’ve considered taking 1 more mid day as well.

1 Like

I really wish ashwagandha had some sort of effect on me. Just seeing everyone’s praises for it on here (and errywhere!) makes me jealous. :crying_cat_face: