BOGO Everything @ Redcon1

Of course I’d like to see an amino acid profile on any dairy-free protein. They’ve claimed it’s beef as in meat off the bone. Lab test won’t be cheap

I think chicken protein first on the label would make more people comfortable. There’s an unpublished study coming from Doug Kalman titled A Pharmacokinetic Evaluation of Chicken Protein (Chik│Pro™) as Compared to Beef Protein in Healthy Active Adults showing some results you may like, but I’m not sure what kind of beef they were using either.

1 Like

And here I was thinking you were going to post the Intra-MD emails lol

1 Like

lol

damn this real job thing, pressed for time today.

1 Like

Those were good too. :joy:

1 Like

Any protein other than beef isolate as a first ingredient would be a better choice. When I am directly told by a RC1 member that Mre products are not best suited for initiating mps, that’s enough for me to say not to buy it.

At least add additional Bcaas which would be a minimal cost difference. You could even advertise it.

1 Like

I think Aaron can afford the lab test

Better dairy-free options? Taste-wise, MRE Lite blows all those stevia-sweetened vegan proteins out of the water.

This is why I gotta try GHOST Vegan though…

1 Like

Ghost PB Cereal Milk Vegan… Meh…
Would never purchase a tub. Had a few samples and it was lackluster IMO. PB Taste needs vastly improved as you could still get a good dose of the chalky aftertaste

The next flavor should compliment the “gritty” texture. I haven’t had the Vegan whey yet. Not plans to either unless they send me some. Hah.

is someone in here claiming that the beef protein isolate used in this bullshit is actually from meat, and not the usual absolute bullshit (tendons, ligaments, hooves, entrails, etc) that is actually used to make beef protein isolate?

Even if you don’t see a lab test, there is zero chance that any company is selling a protein product made from choice cuts of actual meat. Lets use our heads here folks…

What’s the cheapest cut of beef out there? According to this wholesale website http://www.beefretail.org/wholesalepriceupdate.aspx (which we assume RedCon would be purchasing these cuts wholesale obviously), you’re looking at around $2.00/lbs for the cheapest possible cut. Now lets get this nice fresh meat over to the processing plant for it to be dried…akin to beef jerky. Anyone ever notice how expensive beef jerky is? Most brands have it at ~8-$12(if not more) for a 16oz/1lbs serving. Not surprisingly, this drying process reduces total moisture by ~50-66%%, meaning for every 1lbs you start with, you’re now at 0.33-0.5lbs.

So now this theoretical batch of “meat” is only 1/3-1/2 as heavy as it originally way, and its required significant man hours to get it to this point. But we’re not done! Now we have to pulverize it into small pieces, and then mill it into fine powder.

Lets assume absolute all of this man power was free. RedCon has a magic wand and doesn’t need to pay anyone to turn it from “meat” into usable powder. Assuming they’re paying for the CHEAPEST meat possible at $2/lbs, they’re then left with a final price of $4-$6 a pound due to loss of moisture.

Now, lets assume they don’t have some damn magic wand, and realize this process takes time, effort, and a lot of money. Why do you think Jack Links Beef Jerky costs fricking $14 per damn pound? Keep in mind, thats for beef jerky…which takes one less step than powdered beef!

So again, lets be generous and say RedCon has some amazing pricing on this meat drying/powdering process, and is able to get it done for the unbelieveable price of $2/lbs. Add that to your literal CHEAPEST POSSIBLE meat price, and you’re at $6-$8/lbs, or in more easy to use metric terms $13.2-$17.6/kg This final price is again assuming they dont pay out the damn ass for this entire process, which a company of their size and total volume would absolutely be doing. Jack Links beef jerky sells more volume in a day than RedCon can in a 6 month period, and their stuff still aint cheap! So lets assume some realistic pricing of $16-$22/kg.

What? This pricing makes this magic meat powder SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive than whey, egg, casein, or literally any damn protein powder available on the market? Hot damn…maybe thats why theres not a single damn company out there actually selling powdered god damn meat. Because there’s zero profit in it.

But no, “supplements hit everyone differently” and “we have a great amino acid profile, I swear” is enough evidence on this forum for people to actually buy this complete sack of lies.

8 Likes

also, I’m not employed by HiTech. Please remove it from my handle when possible.

Y I K E S… :grimacing:

obviously… :slight_smile:

Also, savage as hell, good post.

1 Like

I have no personal issue/beef(heh) with RedCon. I just think this whole thing is absurd into claiming something is “choice cuts” when its fricking 2018.

I don’t blame them for claiming it or not stopping others from saying it…they’re in this to make money, just like everyone is with work. This isn’t a personal attack on RedCon, more of a personal attack on whoever actually believes the damn nonsense.

How often do you jerk off with topical laxogenin? Asking for a friend

2 Likes

I mean, I’m trying to improve both my length and girth, so at least 2x a day.

Bravo to both of you lol