BOGO Everything @ Redcon1

I think you’re right. I’m going to stop trying. Let the hate flow. Lol.

I’ll take a vegan choice before a product that is heavy in glycine versus essential amino acids. Even if it’s a snack, we want amino acids found in what we eat to work towards muscle growth. MRe products do not. Literally, no difference than eating a snickers. Same calories even lol

For the bar yes, but I believe this conversation was centered around MRE Lite. Anyway, a lot of people like them both.

MRE lite, MRE, MRE bars, same amino acid profile. No difference

Well, you said same calories as a snickers. The MRE Lite does not have equivalent caloric value as a Snickers bar.

And that’s why capitalism is great. We support the brands we like and don’t buy from whose products we don’t.

3 Likes

If anyone wants an actual deal of this bogo it would be their MOAB. Basically it’s $32 which is the lowest you will find epicatechin for as a stand-alone. And it has HICa and HMB-Ca.

Other would be Isotope for barely over $20, their EAA’s for less than $18.

But MRE items? Nope

2 Likes

That’s what it boils down. Supplement the same way we hit our food goals - and it’s groovy. Where is Matt Ceno to defend his company’s honor?

1 Like

Thanks, again, for the product education.

Love it or hate it it’s still a heck of a deal. Supplements hit everyone different. I personally take RPG with CB for a preworkout for Pump assistant. MRE is hands down the best selling and most popular product. If you don’t care for the beef isolate then don’t buy it. No other way of putting it really. I have talked to a local store that literally can’t keep it stocked on the shelves. If you want to pay for beef isolate product education then do so… MRE, MRE Lite and MRE Bars (or snickers if you will) will still fly off the shelves of Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, local retailers and oh yea… our shelves at HQ.

Yeah idk why everyone complains about the amino profile…don’t buy it if you don’t want it. Every time someone says a word about MRE people throw a fit like nobody is saying it’s a must have item. If some people enjoy it great. If not that’s fine as well.

3 Likes

That is because most people who shop at local GNC and VS are absolutely clueless. They Go off what the person behind the counter says. Then they take it and run with it.

Most people who take supplements don’t understand half the ingredients in what they take or buy. Ask a normal gym rat at your local fitness club to break down the profile on their pre workout.

99% chance they can’t and explain what the ingredients do. Supplement and ingredient knowledge is not strong with the majority of consumers. They buy off two main factors … taste and price. Besides that they don’t care if something is pixie dusted , in a prop blend, or doesn’t meet label claims etc…

5 Likes

I will agree with that statement, you are 100% spot on and I won’t deny that.

2 Likes

Because this is a website to discuss supplements.

Remarkable how often I have to remind people.

6 Likes

That doesn’t even make any sense. Matt brought up a simple statement of how much he enjoyed the taste and convenience of the MRE bar. This particular subject on this particular product has been brought up multiple times and nowhere did anyone claim it was superior to other products or bars. Matt literally just said he enjoyed it. So when I brought up why people keep complaining to Matt about the amino profile that’s after the fact that Matt stated he didn’t buy the bar for the amino profile but for the taste and people continually kept bitching towards Matt about the bar. So your condescending comment was pointless and idiotic.

2 Likes

Guess you’re right, we probably shouldn’t discuss supplements on here any more. Just make the occasional thread and immediately lock it so that no one accidentally talks about them, or brings up any opinions.

:zipper_mouth_face:

Thanks for the backup, here. That really was the only point I tried to make!

I understood it clearly. I get it’s a supplement website lol but for a specific instance such as this when we all understand it’s an inferior product because we’ve discussed it at nausea, it doesn’t make sense to keep repeating the same thing to the same person about the same product.

2 Likes

Back in the day, Red vs. Blue was BSN vs. Gaspari

Now it’s [[ That one Gaspari Rep ]] vs REDCON1!!!

2 Likes

i remember when you were against Beef Iso… what changed?

4 Likes