Best Protein Powder of 2019?! PricePlow's Top 5 Proteins!

Agree 100%

Looking forward to more Proven Egg options

1 Like

I really donā€™t have a top five list because I donā€™t experiment with protein that much. The last time I did (with Ghost cereal milk) I got burned. Being semi-retired, most of my protein decisions are based off of value (or contest wins) versus flavor or brand name. My recent list of proteins used have been: Genius protein/vegan, MTS Whey, Dymatize casein (currently using) and MyProtein Impact Whey is next.

If money was not a factor, I would probably use @NutraBio products for protein.

I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to write off brands if you only tried one flavor or have not experienced them to an extent. Most brands
can have an extensive amount to choose from. Sometimes you just have a bad experience with a flavor, or end up going into something with it not turning out in your favor. Iā€™ve been burned on it countless times from other reviews. For example Ghost cereal milk while it was one of their first flavors is not a top choice for me. Many hate their blueberry but itā€™s one of my favorites

If you like vegan I would like to see how you would rank Nutrex

1 Like

From the video, it sounds like you have only had one scoop of MTS Whey and that was a long time ago. There was also the statement that MTS had no isolate in it even though it does as stated on the label. From my view of the video, it seems the #5 position was given to a product that one co-host has tried once and gives the other co-host stomach issues. If Iā€™m wrong on this observation, kindly clarify.

Iā€™m not sure about any PricePlow business relationship with MTS but I know Mike has worked with PES and they have sent a good amount of free product to him in the past.

Iā€™m indifferent to vegan proteins. Wonā€™t go out of my way to purchase them at the moment.

Not that anyone asked but at the moment sitting in the Supplement section of the pantry (Iā€™m all-in on WPI with the Ghost exception below)

• NutraBio Pancake (great with oats)
  • Legion Whey+ Cake batter (ok, nothing special)
  • Ghost Cereal Milk
  • BioPro USA Vanilla
  • GOATein Vanilla (sample size, just arrived)

As far as what I may be interested in: NutraBio other breakfast flavors; ManSports Iso-Protein

I should mention I would like to try Kaged Muscle WPI Chocolate as wellā€¦

Bill if you have not tried these for isolates. I highly suggest it.

Dymatize Iso100 Peanut Butter, Orange Cream
Xtend Pro Chocolate/Vanilla

Big fan of ISO100 Orange Creamā€¦have not tried Peanut Butter yetā€¦but absolutely wouldā€¦

Xtend Pro Chocolate I really liked but had a bit of an aftertasteā€¦

1 Like

In no order, my list is

XF Ultra Peptide 2.0
PES Select
BI UMP
MAN Iso Protein
MN Protizyme

Note: I have not tried Gaspari Proven Egg yet.

1 Like

Well said.

Appreciate all the kind words RE: Gaspari in here. There has been a LOT of customer love for Proven Egg which is awesome news and allows more options for it in the future.

Send me your info!

1 Like

Very true on PES. I tried to collaborate with Marc for some PricePlow content - but he was never interested. He and CJ had some major beef a couple years ago, so I understand him not wanting to directly support the channel.

Trick with this job, is that each person has preferences. Itā€™s tough for me to see NutraBio so high, while a quality isolate like Xtend Pro or a solid blend like Spartan Whey gets left off. Heck, Kaged Muscleā€™s isolate could be ahead of NutraBio whey (Proven egg is top consideration too, since this list is for ā€œprotein powderā€ and not just whey). I know NB will pay money for good content, but Iā€™ve never been a fan of their proteins. Not bashing NB, as I am a big fan of their the products - but I wouldnā€™t pay for them because of the cost.

4 Likes

This is how i feel tbh. Love the transparency, formulas are excellent, but both cost and flavoring is prohibitive. Iā€™m not even picky with flavoring, Iā€™ll drink something i dislike, but i donā€™t see the point in paying premium for a nasty 100% when i can get a tasty 95% for less.

3 Likes

I have only had the breakfast WPI flavors, have you tried their whey or muscle matrix flavors? Curious how much they differ.

I have, itā€™s not that they taste bad, theyā€™re just very lightly flavored. Perfect for old people who are sensitive to sweet or strong flavoring lol

Iā€™ve tried more of their non-protein products (which is what the ā€œnastyā€ was referring to really) but Iā€™ve tried the whey and like Msseffect said, itā€™s just super lightly flavored, which i donā€™t care for.

Whatā€™s interesting is that Iā€™ve heard people talk about the light flavoring for years and they literally could care less about that feedback.

Itā€™s true of their PWOs and whatnot too. Yes, there is whatever flavor is listed, but itā€™s nowhere near strong enough to cover the flavor of the actives. Itā€™s like if you bought the actives yourself and mixed them into Crystal Lite or something.

1 Like

Nutrabio proteins always had a taste to them that I never could nail down until I tried unflavored WPI. The new flavors, root beer and ice cookie dream, definitely taste better to me than their previous flavors.

1 Like

Iā€™m one of the few people that has never understood the PES hype. Their flavors are worse than NutraBio for me. Some off flavor sticks out in every single one of their proteins - even the cookies and cream and snickerdoodle. I kept buying into it every time PP hyped them. Magnum Quattro always seems to get left off everyones lists. There was a bad PP review where the tub was light a scoop I believe. I donā€™t remember having an issue with the tubs Iā€™ve ran.

1 Like