BCAA's = Money Wasted

I’m losing sight of what the argument actually is now. Unless this is just a healthy debate. BCAAs are not a waste of money when purpose and the consumer’s intent are aligned.

What benefit would they provide?

Preventing muscle loss is an actual benefit among athletes in such sports… Especially when it’s not easy to put on muscle in the first place.

Not seeing the benefit for yourself in where something is useful isn’t the same as being globally useless. But this is where some people find themselves in the BCAA vs EAA argument. What the real argument is about a lot of the time is BCAA vs EAA for building muscle.

Isn’t REAAL arguing against Whey? I thought that was their initial claim correct?

This debate has spun off in so many directions, it’s starting to look like a spiders web :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I would suggest HMB over that, they might work as an addition to carbs for fuel.

Agreed
Ok for the purpose of building muscle, with the current products on offer, lets call it
BCAA < EAA < any sort of protein powder

Use the former two if you just want something that taste good during your workout, if its not better the a Gatorade or soda skip it.
If you don’t have money to burn skip it
If you are trying to build muscle and already have a protien powder get something else.
For all intents and purposes until we get some good research they are just something to sip on in the middle of a work out.

4 Likes

I believe they are claiming the Wolfe research showed that his prop. blend of EAA’s was 3x more effective than WPI.

3x more effective at what?

Thank you Devin…That’s what I recall

/thread

(need more characters)

" JUST ONE CONCENTRATED SERVING OF REAAL™ IS 3 TIMES MORE EFFICIENT THAN WHEY PROTEIN AND 32 TIMES MORE EFFICIENT THAN BCAAS AT FACILITATING MUSCLE GROWTH."

Ok then. Do they have a reference to back that up?

Edit: also, EFFICIENT =/= EFFECTIVE.

Perhaps this is a sneaky way of saying that it does the SAME thing as a larger dose of whey, making it more EFFICIENT, as you need less?

All their research/marketing/reference bullet points are on their homepage https://reaalmuscle.com/

If you listen to the Podcast, you will listen to the guy from Core absolutely destroy them on that statement… Ive never had REEAL EAA’s, but after that podcast. I would never invest in it. I can find countless other EAA Products out there that probably taste as good and are cheaper (Primeval Labs being one of them… Purple Wraath etc)

4 Likes

I 100% agree with you. The basic premise of it makes no sense.

1 Like

A lot of supplement companies (especially the smaller ones) and their claims make you roll your eyes.

THIS! Kenton RIPPEDDDD brotha apart. Absolutely hilarious :joy:

2 Likes

This should be the end of the argument right here lol

2 Likes

I see that Marc Lobliner posted a video about the study…if this was referenced already in the thread my apologies…

Hahaha “I’ll fling poop at you”

1 Like