BCAA's = Money Wasted

Never trust people in oversized shorts

THIS
I agree 110%. Where’s the fun of being neck-deep in all this supplement knowledge and not utilizing any of it? I get excited to crack open a new preworkout or intra. It’s like Christmas every time

3 Likes

Oh a new pre (whether it is efficaciously dosed or not) makes the workout that much better

2 Likes
3 Likes

A low dose of WPH with added leucine (to 3-5g) is nice, or just EAA powder with added leucine (to 3-5g), as opposed to a BCAA powder with just a little EAA powder added to it, if that makes any sense.

Now having watched the video, I hope this BCAA vs EAA YouTube/Social Media argument will end. It all comes down to:

You either believe in BCAAs, EAAs or neither.

Marc does not seem to be concerned if you buy his BCAA product, another brand’s BCAA or EAA product from his site or none at all. Any decision will not have a large impact on his bottom line.

The meta-analysis could be perceived as bias.

When fasted, more aminos seem to elicit a better response in the body when compared to fewer aminos. (Duh?)

1 Like

I originally thought this way too, but on the other hand, it’s crazy to think that just 2mg of Alpha-Y will cause cold sweats in grown ass adults. Weird perspective when you think of dosages. It’s hard for us to really gauge what’s helping when you’re getting into such small differences. Regardless, great discussion.

The hardest thing for most consumers to judge products is how they always manipulate:
their diets
their training (amount of volume/frequency)
sleep
water intake

Hell whenever you judge something its always best to keep everything “Controlled”
Yet you will see reps on other boards tell people to take natty anabolics and jack their food intake up 1000 calories throughout their experience. and over 8-12 weeks.

Then its like… ok so how much was diet and how much was supplement? If you were to just add a supplement. keep everything the same then you would truly be able to gauge how much was supplement and how much it really is true to their claims.

Thats just my take on how things should be done in controlled environments, but that is not always the case with how we live our lives and how things are always changing. If you find you get something out of them take them, if you don’t then don’t. Everyone is inclined to buy as they please, if they want to buy BCAA’s then have at it.

1 Like

Well yes, but we’re talking about protein, not extracts that should be dosed in the milligrams.

Would 3 grams (1/9 of 1 ounce) of chicken breast have any true anabolic effect compared to if you had simply omitted it? Because that’s the level of additional EAAs we’re talking about with most supplements.

Fair point, but you can’t think like that. Because say you want 150g of protein a day and you say, 3g doesn’t matter, I’ll just get 147. But then does 3g away from that matter? Is 144 enough? We can’t just draw an arbitrary line of where things stop helping

1 Like

It’s a GREAT debate

1 Like

Not really. It’s a mute point. It’s like saying what works better, a car with an engine or without an engine ?
Common sense people…BCAA’s CANNOT build muscle. You can’t deny biological fact. Debate over.

If you are investing in BCAA’s to build muscle your buying them for the wrong reason. Same with EAA’s
we get plenty from whole food and most people dont need either because they are already reaching minimums of protein intake (1g/lb).

Now if you have meals that are made of incomplete protein sources (say a pizza) supplementing with bcaa or eaa to help reach adequate leucine to spike MPS would be ideal

Dosing between meals as a bolus spaced 4-6 hours apart would be another ideal situation.

If you fail to reach protein intake then using BCAA or EAA’s can help get adequate protein since each BCAA or EAA has caloric/protein value.

http://spotmebro.com/layne-norton-phd-on-protein-how-much-and-how-often/

Podcast:

Protein Info:

MOST People key word most already meet protein intake and take a BCAA intake on top of it which is just extra calories. Sure it may make your water taste great, but in the grand scheme of things what it is doing or helping with is minimal.

Now I take Xtend Elite because of the recovery/performance aspects in the product that I can stack with other products pre/intra workout to provide my body in an optimal environment for training at my best. I just allocate a small portion of my protein intake to help me reach my minimum protien intake. Could I reach my protein without bcaa or eaa? Absolutely, but I got a ton of tubs for super cheap so I am going to just allocate 10-20g of protein from BCAA/EAA and not stress over it.

99% of people who buy BCAA’s think they are god’s gift to earth for recovery and have 0 clue what they actually do. Go walk into a GNC and the employee will say “oh you want something to help with recovery during a workout, buy Amino Energy or some low grade amino” they are brainwashed.

2 Likes

I personally don’t buy either one. I think they both are a waste of money. If you eat enough protein, you don’t need these whatsoever. And if you are lacking protein, eat more food, or drink a protein shake. It’s simple. I don’t why people try to complicate things when its completely unnecessary.

I ALSO THINK SOME PEOPLE FORGET PROTEIN IS MADE UP OF AMINO ACIDS…:slight_smile: BCAA’s are not a special type of protein or unique.

1 Like

It’s funny, because for as long as I can remember, no one knew EVER took a BCAA to build muscle, so I don’t know at what point, the marketing took that turn. We only took them in a deficit to prevent catabolism. If you haven’t watched the debate, then your statement is just as mute. They never once say BCAA’s by themselves build muscle. You should really watch the debate, even if it’s just for entertainment, because Kenton RIPS Twinlabs guy apart

2 Likes

I don’t see any real reason NOT to use EAAs over BCAAs, assuming equal/sufficient/optimal leucine content and a similar price if I’m being honest. Perhaps they can argue that BCAAs will be just as effective as EAAs given the context they claim you should be using it it, but, as far as I’ve seen, there’s no real argument that BCAAs are SUPERIOR to EAAs, and I don’t see why there would be.

1 Like

I mean call me crazy but if your body requires all 9 Amino Acids / wouldn’t you by default be better off supplementing with EAA’s.

Keep in mind here that when work/family/life is factored in Its not easy to simply ‘eat food bruh’.

3 Likes

I can’t find much of a reason to use almost any amino product whether Bcaas or EAA’s. Unless you have a kidney disorder maybe

2 Likes

What about a sport played at a high level and/or intensity? Tennis, basketball, football, etc … Can’t exactly eat during a timeout. Not all lifters JUST lift.

1 Like

And this, Lobliner agrees with, just asked for clarification