30 min a day - enough?

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I am not like you ! I can’t seem to exercise without taking at least 2 days off during the week. Working out every day is too harsh on my body. The most I can do is exercise 2 days in a row, but then I have to take one day off. That’s my body - what can I do…

So, with this in mind, what I am doing now (trying to lose 25 lbs) is early morning workouts, 30-40 min each, rotating cardio (intermediate level) with weights. I try to max out my 30 min so I get a good workout for my level.

I try to eat about 1500 calories (although I tend to eat more on weekends).

Is my plan going to be sufficient for weight loss ? Any improving suggesstions ?

Thanks for the advice

1 Like

Need more info to fill holes …

Why early morning? How early? How much sleep do you get?

Why 25lbs? How much do you weigh now? Height?

Tell us more about your actual workouts and what they consist of…
I have a hard time immediately believing that you can’t workout a little more frequently unless there’s an external factor like life, food, work, workout programming or sleep… Unless there’s something you’re not being straightforward about.

2 Likes

Not knowing anything about you or your size, 1500 cals for most people seems low to start.

2 Likes

That’s pretty short if it includes warming up, but it’s doable.

The two program ideas that come to mind are High Intensity Training (I’d look at max ot for a template), and 1 lift a day (some T-nation article I think Dan John wrote, maybe)

The first template would be a bro split with heavy weights and less volume. Do 3-4 sets to positive failure and then move on.

The second template would be where you pick one main lift and just do that. E.g. squat day, bench day, deadlift (or rdl or whatever day), ohp day, row day- This would save you the time of warming up for and setting up multiple lifts in a short amount of time and you’d get done what matters and go home. I guess 5/3/1 could also be manipulated to be something like this.

i think that it depends how to you train but i think 1 hour s the max

sometimes it is enough , if you 100 percent focused on your given time,
its surely gives you good result , For effective muscles growth you should go through
Zottman-Curl