Why I'm skeptical about Velositol

Ok so velositol is a mixture of best I can tell a starch and chromium, which, by improving insulin sensitivity and increasing insulin levels, cause 6 grams of whey protein with 2 grams of velositol to give a increased(doubled) mps response compared to just 6 grams of whey.

Study

This is being used to say it “doubles the power of protein”, The issue is its using a sub optimal dose(which can be used to make a meh result look huge, like with the slimvance study), hasn’t been studied at a normal protein dose, and has no comparison to say 2 grams of maltodextrin and some chromium.

Until a better study looking at a more relevant scenario comes out I think we should assume its effects as 6 grams do not translate to its effect at 25 grams.

2 Likes

It’s a scam. Add leucine to 6g of protein, higher mps response. Add leucine to plant protein, higher mps response. ADD PROTEIN TO CRAP OR LOW LEUCINE PROTEINS, GUESS WHAT HAPPENS?

1 Like

Dude you crack me up

2 Likes

News, we got more research, and my analysis was right.

It does still work at 20 grams, but only 47% instead of double it seems, I am curious if anyone is going to get in trouble for saying it doubles the power of protein.

Also yes the starch is just there to bring insulin up.

To replicate velositol cheaply you can take 1000 mcg of chromium Picolinate or 2 capsules of NOW’s trichromium, with any protein powder that has a few grams of added maltodextrin.

1 Like

it’s a viable claim, they just have to reference/call out the 6g claim somewhere on the claim

come on, not true, the product would have to be exactly as studied. You would have to sell a 6gram whey product with the ingredient.

Alrighty - I bough some NOW chromium. Going to add 800mcg to my Postworkout shake (36g Isolate, or 1.5 scoops of protein).

Will give weekly updates on this. I’m skeptical, but what the heck - let’s try it out.

1 Like

Did the same, trying it out at 1000 mcg.
To my understanding you can do up to 3500 mcg per day safely based off of velositol’s approved max servings.

If nothing else chromium looks like a much better GDA then examine made it sound.

1 Like

What are you tracking?

1 Like