Why EAAs are the New BCAAs: Essential Amino Acids Stage a Coup

Is it just me or are EAA products way more expensive. Maybe when everyone transitions over to them the price comes down a bit

Ya, once they actuly get a good foothold them the price should come down.

Unfortunately, many (MANY) consumers still believe BCAAs have utility. It’s not as fun to learn about all the essential amino acids as it is to sip on some well-marketed oligopeptides.

4 Likes

Very few and almost none at a single scoop. NutraBio, Primeval, Granite maybe Pes at I am thinking 1.5 scoops. If AA from Cellucor wasn’t a prop I would think two scoops of theirs would and it actually may.

Either way, it’s not really cost effective to try to use 10g EAA’s until more companies switch from Bcaas to full EAA’s which I don’t see happening. Better off using whey

Let’s say one were using EAA’s pre workout and in the interest of being cost effective opted to switch to whey, would they digestion rate of whey interfere with free form amino acids i.e. citrulline?

1 Like

It might I’m not entirely sure.

My advice is to take the preworkout 30 minutes before your workout, and the protein like 5 minutes before/during your workout.

1 Like

I can’t think of a reason why whey would interfere with aminos more than a spectrum of aminos. In fact, it might interfere less, I think I recall peptides are taken up through a different mechanism than free form aminos. Theoretically there could be less competition for absorption.

2 Likes

Good to know! In essence, someone who is trying hard to lose weight, drinks multiple scoops of an amino product per day (because they have been told is preserves muscle) and have hit a plateau might not realize they are consuming 100 calories or more extra per day that they are not accounting for.

Seems like another shady “business tactic” that supplement companies use because the FDA does not regulate this portion of supplement facts labels. At the very least, I would expect NutraBio to list some energy calories on a product like their intra blast.

If the research is showing that 5g Leucine is the ideal level for most men added to a complete EAA blend. Then most of these products in the market still would need to be taken in more than their recommended serving size. Most seem to be capping out at high 3g to maybe 4g. I might be splitting hairs at that point.

Also, I think understanding how a preworkout meal taken 30-60mins before training impacts what you may need from an intra workout supplement is key.

In theory a preworkout meal of say oatmeal with a scoop of whey protein; could offset the difference in Leucine that you needed to hit that 5g threshold. Most whey proteins on the market from a decent company seem to have amino profiles with at least 2g of Leucine. Plus, you get the added benefit of a slow digesting carb source for energy.

2 Likes

Part of me is glad the FDA is not involved here. I worked with the FDA on a daily basis and they are a joke. Even if they were involved I would still trust a company more that has independent lab testing like what Nutrabio is doing.

3 Likes

Thanks man!

You may think otherwise about the FDA if you ever witness them perform an audit on a GMP facility though !

Anyone have preferred EAA products?

I don’t really “need” them, but when I have cash to blow, they are something I want to try. Humapro has a good deal on A1 right now. Has anyone given them a go? Priceplow has review of them, but it was from 2015.

HumaPro is some good stuff whether it’s the pills or powder.

1 Like

NutraBio’s Intra Blast

4 Likes

Solid profile! I guess the price reflects that! : )

$39.99 is very competitive for the dosing, fermented aminos, kyowa quality glutamine, and albion minerals.

I think Priceplow has a couple discount codes.

I agree - it looks to be high in quality ingredients and dosing. I assume the average consumer would opt for a less expensive option, but I’m absolutely putting this atop my list of “next supplements to try.”

I hold NutraBio in very high esteem.

1 Like

If it is anything along the lines of the audits for medical and pharmaceuticals then I am familiar. Check and balances are there for a reason and they work but not always ethical or morally sound and in the best interest of the end user. I have seen both good and bad come out of the FDA.

plus that passion fruit Intra Blast tastes amazing, just saying…

2 Likes

This is a good point…I’ve tried it and really liked the flavor.