Whey protein question

Less bloating
Less GI distress
I enjoy the thicker shakes because I mostly use it in sludge as pudding.

I don’t mind whey blends or isolates but I prefer plant based my digestion.

2 Likes

It’s crazy how protein powders are judged by taste, but less by digestion - I 100% love Xtend Pro because of the digestion. Not bloat, no gas, no nothing. It’s perfect for my GI.

3 Likes

I am very health oriented. After working with clients who have SIBO, Celiac, and IBS you take the little things for granted on how you feel on a day to day basis and fixing the underlying issues improves a lot of other things inside and outside of the gym. If I can enhance my health it improves many other aspects of my day to day activities.

1 Like

Agreed with what Bob has said…I love the thicker proteins and love blends like PES, Nutra Bio’s muscle matrix and beverly UMP but all of them hurt my stomach so badly that I have to take a lactaid pill if I’m going to have them that at this point I’d rather save myself the pain and bloat and use an isolate or vegan

2 Likes

Heads may explode but why not an EAA supplement?

I judge both

3 Likes

Same here…I think we are all mature enough lifters and supplement users to be able to tell if a supplement ‘works/messes us up etc…’ Finding that combo of tastes good/works/and doesn’t mess you up is rare…but that is why few companies succeed in this Industry.

1 Like

Interestingly, it’s taste that got me into plant proteins.

I enjoy thicker, creamier textures and subtle amounts of chalkiness. So when a vegan protein can deliver on great flavoring as well (BEAM, Ghost, Ambrosia, and Nutrex being brands I can vouch for), I consider it to be a top-tier option.

Granted, the quality of the protein source is still a consideration – and I do think Whey & Egg have a slight edge. But vegan isn’t that much worse – and certainly not a concern when mixed in with other sources. (Probably wouldn’t try to use it exclusively, though :smile:)

4 Likes