What's the BEST Whey Protein Isolate? PricePlow's Top 5 Powders

I understand what subjective means. I was agreeing that it is subjective, but it also shouldn’t be so serious.

Mike likes these flavors, so he posted it to his channel, you guys can too!

1 Like

When you pay for your own suppz

3 Likes

Also when you really care about taste lol

That too. You get stuff for free and give your opinion. I buy and if you’re wrong, I curse you and never trust your word again :joy::joy:. In all seriousness, I just wanted to know what brands were considered when making the list for informational purposes. Is it wrong to ask for more detail?

Not sure why that’s a bad thing… pay a premium price, shouldn’t consumers get a premium taste?

I agree it’s not what matters most. For example, proven egg ranks in my top proteins - because of the protein source. I don’t think it’s a top tasting sku. But if I’m paying top tier market price (NutraBio), I’d like a top tier taste.

Lmao
I’ll say it- not everything I take has been given to us. I still shell out money for a decent amount of my stuff.

I don’t disagree with your question, but the list would be pretty massive. Mike has tried a ridiculous amount

Not a bad thing I suppose, I just don’t really connect with the need to complain when proteins are not gourmet. I’m happy when stuff tastes good, but it’s not my #1 need.

In my opinion, it’s only been within the last 1.5 years that “premium” formulas were starting to be seen with “premium” flavors

NutraBio is joining that on the tail end of it, but you’re not paying for the flavor. You’re paying for the WPI90.

1 Like

That’s great, it gives credential to his opinion

I think we are on the same page. I’m in agreement that “gourmet” taste isn’t necessary - but it needs to be enjoyable to drink.

Personal opinion of course. Maybe I’m a hypocrite, because I don’t care as much in regards to preworkout taste.

1 Like

These are the flavors you want to grab from Iso-Protein IMO

Fruity Rubbles
Sprinkled Donut
Lemon Cake
Cinnamon Cereal
Loopy Fruits
Pancakes & Syrup

Even the clean protein peanut butter flavor was meh, I would go for Iso100 over it in a heartbeat

Iso-100 Peanut Butter is not gourmet, but still the best tasting Peanut Butter isolate on the market IMO
again… taste is subjective.

I don’t need an exotic flavor to make it a top tier and all time favorite. If something is simple and well executed I will give it the praise it deserves. Example → Lava Cake Xtend Pro, Iso-Smooth Vanilla

Of course there will be debate on what is good, and what is not worth our money. Trying to compare each of our taste buds between 10-15 people is going to be apples to oranges. Like I said I don’t agree with your top rankings, but you also don’t have my taste buds. There is plenty of options out there to find what suits us best. All of these reviews and youtube videos we watch on protein flavors are simply there to help us consumers make our decisions.

1 Like

Wow - that sucks. I know Eli left the company to be with MPB, but this is sad. Really loved their chocolate.

Matt, do you know if MPB changed their recipe recently. I bought the snickerdoodle last weekend at a gas station and it was way better than I remember it.

I have noticed that with some flavors (especially Snicker-doodle and Birthday Cake), the flavor can be much better if there is more cinnamon-sugar topping or more sprinkles. I’ve had some packs of both flavors, where they were somewhat bland due to lack of the inclusions.

However, if they are sprinkled or seasoned with enough of the good stuff, the flavor is way better. Also, it could be due to the freshness. As we all know with bars/cookies, the sooner you eat them from production, the better they taste.

1 Like

Sort of like Chocolate Chip cookies right out of the oven versus the one’s that are a day old.

Bill gets it. : )

Unrelated - I’m getting more into my Italian roots and made an olive oil lemon cake this last week - the cake actually gets better over time because the olive oil continues to soak into the cake to make it more moist.

So, this is the exception to the rule. Haha.

Once you make your own Tiramisu (soaked in coffee versus alcohol) then we’re talking…

Challenge accepted

1 Like

you see and read so many taste reviews on products, you can gage who has similar tastes to you, who has broken taste buds, and who is bias.

there are products out there that i can respect how well they did the flavor, but it’s just not for me. ISO100’s Orange Dreamsicle comes to mind.

there’s no wrong answers…

1 Like