What went wrong with Jay cutler's legend pro?

I haven’t looked for a study but my doctor, a very smart woman told me that cholesterol levels are genetic. When I got out of the service, my total levels were only 118 and I ate a LOT of junk food! Now, I am only around 140 at age 47. I asked her about that. She told me to thank my parents and told me it was genetics. She said a person is pre-dispositioned to have either high or low levels. She also stated that your body utilizes and handles the cholesterol from food more efficiently than the cholesterol your body produces itself. So, don’t buy into the hype that foods will cause high cholesterol.

Genetic is correct, dietary cholesterol will have minimal to no effect on your lipid levels

1 Like

Cholesterol levels are to an extent genetic but they aren’t only genetic, diet influences it, as does body fat percentage, hormones and a number of other things. I don’t know what you were eating but not all junk foods effect cholesterol significantly(IE skittles wouldn’t do much compared to bacon wrapped Twinkies)

Also keep in mind even the best doctor is not always right, I’m not saying don’t trust your doctor but don’t take it as gospel, nutrition is one of the fields that is lacking in medical training.

What are you basing this off of?

Click on that red link above :wink:

@Christianmelon when I am talking junk food, I mean anything and everything… Fast foods, pizza, ice cream, MRE’s
…LOL. I was eating anything to put on weight.

Huh,I must have missed the link the first time around.

The study is looking at already very high intakes of cholesterol, the lowest bracket is under 321 mg of cholesterol per day(shown in table 3), cholesterol’s effects on serum are a inverse exponential curve, the more you consume the less effect each milligram has. At best the study shows that in the context of a high cholesterol diet eggs do not further increase the risk of heart disease.

Cholesterol is absorbed into the body from the diet, this is why “ezetimibe”, a drug that inhibits cholesterol absorption from the intensine, lowers cholesterol.

Believe me…my legs went numb from sitting there for so long, not mention explaining to my boss that it was either get it out, or shit my pants on the floor. Fortunately, he had a similar experience so he understood.