SNS X-Gels - Log time!

Hmm. Next time I run ARA I might skip my intra carbs, then.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing your results as you get further into your log and the ARA starts accumulating

1 Like

@De_eB will this reduce the affects?

It’s possible, but it wouldn’t to the extent that taking it outside of exercise with a meal would.

Nutrient and lipid disposition is going to be weighted towards restoring cellular membrane lipid composition during and after periods of exertion.

3 Likes

@blongo804 there is your answer.

1 Like

I highly doubt it. Here’s the best way to think about it: food will cause an insulin response. At rest, the insulin will (usually) be more likely to store nutrients in fat cells. Once you begin your workout, you start activating mechanisms which will increase nutrient uptake into muscle cells even in the absence of insulin.

Ideally, you’d want to inject your ARA right when you begin working out, but since I think most of us would prefer a capsule, you want to give it 30-45 minutes to break down and get to your blood stream.

2 Likes

You guys rule! Thank you for clearing this up. :slight_smile:

Day 4 coming in the next post.

Day 4

Stack: 1.5g ARA, 81mg baby aspirin, 6g GMS

Today was day 4 of X-Gels, day 4/final day of my deload…thank goodness. Not pushing near my limits is boring!

Today was lower body day including front squats, rack pulls, banded/deficit deadlifts (first time trying these), and leg isolation stuff. This isn’t my usual routine, but wanted to try a different lift combo. It was definitely a good time and using a resistance band doing deadlifts is quite a sensation. Easy to get off the ground but that ends quickly as the band resistance kicks in. Fun stuff!

I’m not sure how well training fasted is doing. I feel pretty low on energy, but I also blame the pre I’m using. Once I use Re1gn again on Monday, all should be well, so I’ll wait to pass judgement until then.

As for any effects - not much to note. My quads/glutes got a nice little pump that is uncommon, so that felt good.

My next post should be gold. Heavy upper body day… Hoping for some nasty pumps from the ARA. :smiley:

Day 5

Pre-workout: Sample serving of Performax HyperMax (<— incredible!!)

Today was day 5 with X-Gels and the first session at full steam. My deload last week was MUCH needed. Not only was I feeling sick all last week, my body was just battered feeling from the weeks leading up to it. I woke up feeling great today - refreshed and ready to go. I made sure to eat a little extra here and there this weekend to aid today’s session as well.

My Monday’s are upper body day, consisting of bench (international chest day…duh!), incline bench, barbell rows, lat pulldowns, and some other isolation assistance work. My goal today was to hit 5lb PR’s on each lift and that was a success. Bench today felt GREAT. I learned a new grip to help take some unnecessary pressure off my wrists and it paid off big time I think. While it was only a 5lb PR, the bar moved fairly fast.

All other lifts were great - no complains. All of my lifts, besides incline bench, felt like there was another 5-10lbs in the tank so that was awesome. Incline bench is programmed at 3x8 on 5lb increase weeks and 3x9 the following week before the next 5lb increase attempt week. Getting 8-9 reps can be grueling, and it was also my last exercise of the day. While I completed the 3x8, I did have to take a 30 second rest on a set or two at rep 5 or 6. Not a huge concern really.

Overall, I don’t think I felt any sort of crazy DOMS yet besides day 3. My joints feel the same as well. The pump was insane today though which felt awesome. :smiley:

This session was fasted as will be all of my sessions going forward.

1 Like

Congrats on the PR man. Got to love the Pump:rofl:!!

1 Like

Day 6

Pre-workout: full serving of Re1gn + 500mg SNS Agmatine XT

Today was day 6 with X-Gels and my lower body day. I only got about 5.5 hours of sleep compared to usual 6.5-7, but still woke up feeling great. This was also my first day reunited with Re1gn and it reminded me immediately as to why I love it… The stuff just works, plain and simple.

Lower body was scheduled today including squats, and BB hack squats as the primary lifts, along with some isolation assistance hitting legs a bit further. I don’t know what it was, but my squats were on point today. Since transitioning into morning workouts back in late December, I felt my squats were all that really suffered. There’s just something about putting heavy weight on my back that morning me didn’t care for. Today was a goal of +10lbs from last squat session, putting me at 235lb for 3 sets of 5. My 2RM for squats is 295lb but that was also low bar. I’ve since transitioned to high bar and am working my way back up. The weight moved fairly fast and my depth was more than good. Barbell hack squats are fun - I do these instead of leg press since I’ve never cared for that movement. Only up to 185lb for 3 sets of 8 now, but just started doing these 2 months ago roughly.

My quads/hams were on fire by the end of the session and it felt great. I may have mentioned before, but I don’t typically get crazy leg pumps compared to the way my upper body gets.

My general strength was pretty surprising today though. I’m not sure what it was, but 235lb squats felt lighter than 225lb from 2 weeks ago. Very happy!! I know I’m weak sauce but have really been serious about nutrition/training for the past year. Never really tried to pack on mass either as I was always trying to cut for no reason. I’m planning to get a picture update this Sunday so I will show my current state then.

ON EDIT: I also want to point out, almost my entire upper body is feeling pretty tight from yesterday. I feel like I hit every muscle group pretty good on Day 5… Thing is, I don’t typically have “day after” DOMS… Could it be X-Gels effects? I guess we’ll see if this trend continues. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only tried doing these once, and couldn’t figure out a good groove. I may have to revisit them. Any tips?

1 Like

Yes I believe so.

1 Like

I agree it’s tough to find a good groove at first. I’ve played with stance width, feet direction, and bar placement in relation to how close it is to my calves.

So far I found it’s best to make sure to fully reset every rep. I stand up a little bit, re-grab the bar, straighten out my back, and pull. That’s my best tip probably. I found that when I try to keep a touch and go tempo going, I often lose coordination and the set ends up sucking. I also try to keep bar path in mind to make sure it’s close but not scraping and that it moves in the direction my body is going, whether on the concentric or eccentric end of the rep.

They’re tough but I find them very effective. Practice makes perfect! Can’t say I’m the best at them yet, but I do think they’re working for me!

Honestly the longer today has gone on, the more the DOMS are settling in. This is VERY unlike me. I hurt so little after the gym, even after what I thought was a grueling session, that I sometimes think I’m doing something wrong… The way I feel now just doesn’t feel normal lol. Fortunately tomorrow is an off day. I should be good as new by Thursday.

1 Like

Random rest day thoughts…

The DOMS are still real today.

They set in slowly but surely yesterday and left me crippled feeling. Luckily the feeling is wearing away as the day goes on. Interestingly, I’ve also felt a “pump” all day today without taking any sort of pump inducer (forgot to take my Agmatine XT this morning :frowning:). I’m guessing the pump feeling is from my overall muscle soreness, but, again, this is something I’m not used to. I’ve had DOMS before, but not this type of way… Very interesting…

2 Likes

The “pump” is likely muscle inflammation from you doing quite the number on it. Ever try a TENS device for your DOMS? Works wonders for me after legs

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m thinking too. Feels pretty intense for sure! I haven’t tried a TENS device, no, but it does sound like something to look into getting.

2 Likes

In case you’re interested, here’s the one I use:
Amazon TENS Device

1 Like

I’m not familiar with these. What exactly do they do?