Simple Nootropic Stack

key word…anecdotal :slight_smile:

1 Like

So if the ingredients have been demonstrated to be more effective than placebo, why would you say that most anecdotes with these same proven ingredients are placebo? That doesn’t make sense. There is of course some placebo involved, just as there is with anything, keto included, but the studies proved that there’s more at play than just placebo here.

yes, in aggregate across a sample of a population, a statistical difference may be seen. Not everyone will see the results, hence my statement: “everyone is different”

You still haven’t explained why you believe that MOST anecdotal reports of ingredients that have been repeatedly demonstrated to be superior to placebo are somehow entirely attributable to placebo. Are you suggesting that a small minority of subjects in all of these studies are such hyper-responders to these ingredients that their reactions can lead to statistical significance despite the majority (most) subjects not observing anything beyond placebo? Because that’s what you’re implying. Your statement that “everyone is different” in no way justifies or confirms you claim about most anecdotes being placebo. Of course not everything works equally for everyone, but that in no way suggests that these things don’t do anything for MOST people. That’s entirely unsubstantiated.

There’s a reason why studies do statistical analyses and note the standard deviations in their data.

Wow, relax buddy.

Simple fact…It doesn’t require an observable effect on a majority in the sample to demonstrate a statistical difference.

So what is it that leads you to claim that MOST people will not have any observable effect beyond placebo? You still haven’t even began to support this claim of yours. The most logical conclusion for ingredients that have been shown to be superior to placebo in multiple studies is that they’ll likely do something beyond placebo in most subjects. Of course, there will still be some level of placebo effect, as there is with anything, your magic keto diet included, but that’s an entirely tangential discussion to this one. Just because it doesn’t REQUIRE an observable effect in the majority of people to demonstrate statistical significance doesn’t mean that the MOST LIKELY outcome is that most people won’t have observable effects. If that’s the entirety of your argument, it is entirely hypothetical, and quite lacking. Not to mention placebo-controlled studies that measure self-reported (or observable) effects, because that’s a thing too.

LOL…doesn’t take much man. Just read users’ reviews of supps…

Such science. Much research.

reviews/anecdotes <> science

You still have not explained why you think the majority of reports on products with ingredients that have been shown to be superior to placebo are attributable entirely to placebo.

You say that it doesn’t REQUIRE an observable effect in the majority of people to demonstrate statistical significance, but this doesn’t mean that this is the MOST LIKELY or logical conclusion, so this is an insufficient argument.

You then say “doesn’t take much man. Just read users’ reviews of supps…” with no further explanation.

I’ll agree that many people do experience significant placebo effects from these supplements, including nootropics, but I can say the same thing about keto, or anything really. That in no way means that they’re not getting more benefits than what they’d be getting from just placebo. That’s an entirely different argument.

Just because not everyone sees results doesn’t mean that most people will not. It’s possible, but I don’t see how it’s the most likely conclusion or outcome.

Agreed. Try everything, but don’t expect them to work because a study said so.

I don’t expect something to work because A study said so, but once you start getting several double-blind placebo-controlled studies confirming that the ingredients works, it becomes more likely and reasonable to expect them to work. Creatine doesn’t work in every single person on earth, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t say that creatine doesn’t work. By that logic, literally nothing, pharmaceuticals included, works, as there’s at least some minority of people who it doesn’t work for.

Now you are putting words in my mouth. It seems we already agreed on the main point, as mentioned earlier. Let’s call that a win and move on.

Cheers

1 Like

I’ve used CDP before, but not DMAE. What did you feel at 250mg?

Sorry DMAE I would likely dose higher, but it is essentially a cheaper AGPC in my mind, since it provides choline to the brain with out the extras of CDP.

Of course I am not that familiar with the differences with the 2 so take my analysis with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Im probably gonna see how 5-700mg of DMAE Bitartrate is like to start

1 Like

You do realize that you EXIST as a human because of those magical ketones, right?

Cunnane-Crawford-J-Human-Evol-2014.pdf (1.0 MB)

I stumbled onto that paper when researching something about my daughter and found it mind blowing. I strongly encourage anyone interested in this stuff or in evolution to read it.

2 Likes