Revive MD Citrus Scrub: Acne Scrub Formulated For Athletes

Originally published at: Revive MD Citrus Scrub: Acne Scrub Formulated For Athletes

Supplements formulated to optimize your health! Revive MD is not your typical ‘sports nutrition’ brand: they don’t sell pre workouts, proteins, or aminos. Led by pioneers Dr. Domenic Iacovone and Matt Jansen, the brand’s main priority is producing supplements that support your overall health, with a specific emphasis on your… …(Read more on the PricePlow Blog)

Surprised to not see Salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide here

Do those run a risk of drying your skin out too much?

Here’s my thing i love- Traditionally all the solutions I tried dried my skin so much. It definitely WORKED but by drying my skin so much.

With this scrub it actually leaves my skin feeling moisturized and healthier…which initially i thought wouldnt work. I then noticed my acne getting killed

1 Like

Interesting view on that. While I’m not sure about Benzoyl drying skin, I know sal. acid definitely does. Cool to see this will help those with more sensitive skin to those two common ingredients

I’ve had horrible acne a long time. At one point I was washing my back with Dawn Dish detergent because it would kill the oil on my skin.

So for me, moist skin was always connected to more acne.

1 Like

Apparently the inverse is generally true. Moisturizing with external…moisturizer… will keep your skin from producing as much oil, and external moisturizers are less likely to lead to acne.

That’s what my cosmetologist friend tells me anyhow, maybe she’s trying to sell me something.

If you can get it covered by insurance, I would recommend Accutane.

1 Like

Did this freshman year, absolutely life changing

1 Like

I was always under the impression that the oil glands don’t actually have any sort of feedback mechanism, so no matter what, oil is produced at a steady state

Shrug dude, I don’t get much in the way of acne myself so I’ve never done my own research.

I’ve seen a lot of conflicting info on it. You’re just genetically lucky then :rofl: must be nice

Both can make your skin dry out too much, thus causing your skin to compensate by making more oil. Sal. acid makes me break out if I use it more than 3 days in a row.

Everyone’s skin is different of course. I can only use the gentle washes and even the gentle moisturizers make me break out.

1 Like